Monday, October 15, 2012

José

You, too, can make a Mexican Red Knee Tarantula for your 2nd grader, the night before it's due. All you need is a text from your friend at around 7pm, casually mentioning the spider project due in the morning that you know nothing about, some pipe cleaners, and a small stuffed monkey. 



My kids. They are in full form this year. It's impressive, the number of projects and reports and time-consuming assignments they save for the wee hours of the night before it's due. My favorites have been: reading an entire Shakespearian play and writing a 6 page report on it, and starting to memorize the Gettysburg Address, 30 mins before bed.  (HIM: "Four score and seven years ago..."  ME: "Can't you work on that later, it's bed time, you gotta get up at 4:45am."  HIM: "Can't. It's due tomorrow. Gotta know it all by memory. Four score and seven years ago..."  ME: "AND YOU'RE JUST NOW STARTING IT!!!"  HIM: "Yes. Four score and seven years ago...")


3 comments:

Cristin said...

awww, I love kids...they are so great...

Krissy said...

Haha! Story. of. my. life. I'm currently working on my second diploma as well.

p.s. I'm super impressed with your last minute spider.

Anonymous said...

that spider is crazy good! nice work!!

Michelle SIL