Thursday, September 8, 2011

ALL the kids in school, ALL day

8th grader:


1st grader and 5th grader:


1st day of the rest of my life*:

[Insert picture of me relaxing on my hammock-tramp]

You might notice Cord looks a tad taller and stands slightly awkwarder these days. He has grown roughly 7 inches since last I blogged. His feet have grown 4 sizes, and his voice is that of a man, speaking in a strange falsetto. Ah, puberty!


*I know I said last year was the first day of the rest of my life, but I was wrong. That was actually the first day of my job as a chauffeur and chaperon of endless after-kindergarten play-dates.



6 comments:

Cristin said...

ahhh I love the awkward boy/man stage. It gives me something to giggle about. I'm lovin' this all day school too...maybe a little more than I should and more than I thought for sure.

Hot Pants said...

I can't believe I cried the first day. I have never been so productive in my life! It is way easier to go out to lunch now without kindergarten cramping me up.

eekareek said...

Not only do I have the obnoxious mid day kindergarten routine, but I also have a baby that won't start 1st grade for SIX MORE YEARS!!!!!!!

Memzy said...

Puberty is my new favorite choice of entertainment. Specifically reading the text conversations back and forth amongst Brains and his friends. That'll be my next blog post prolly. Or maybe why I've been absent myself from blogging for months.

Markie23 said...

Has he uttered the words "You're ruining my life!" yet? It's coming.

Carol said...

Your boys are way cool, Period!!