Saturday, September 4, 2010

Whoa, you gotta try this...

Arcade Fire has this new online music video that asks you to type in your childhood address, and then uses it to personalize a music video for you. It's sorta awesome. You gotta try it. My Camarillo address didn't work as well, but my old Boise one was good. It took a minute, cuz things change and stuff, but then all the sudden I was like... "oh yeeeaaaah, I remember that tree! And that's the elementary school behind my house! They paved paradise and put up a parking lot? What?!"

Super nostalgic and such.

And when it tells you to write a letter to your childhood-self, just do it even tho it's cornball. Cuz then all these birds fly in and... oh well, you just gotta try it for yourself.

It works best on Chrome browser. If you don't have it, you can download it real quick HERE.

Then, copy/paste this into your new Chrome browser:
http://thewildernessdowntown.com/

My song is here, if you wanna see where I spent my teenangst years:
http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/#3763+N+Jullion+Way,+Boise,+ID+83704,+USA

At the very least, you get to hear Arcade Fire sing.

K, I'm gonna go watch it again...

5 comments:

Landee said...

Chrome is the bomb-diggity! I put in our own address and TBone wanted to go see if that guy was out in the middle of our street going around in circles.

I feel all shiny here on Chrome. Like I just took a shower.

Landee said...

::coming back to leave another comment cuz I forgot to check the email follow up comments to me box::

Jenny ESP said...

Yes, it's much faster than Firefox, that's for sure. Plus, is it just me or does the screen image seem crisper?

I should take a sec to thank Flem, who told me to download Chrome in the first place. Much obliged. ::tipping hat::

Memzy said...

Oh. My. Gosh!! sooooo cool!!!

And Chrome is super awes too. We got it like a week ago and I just gotta say, computer people are smart.

How do you find this stuff Jespy?

samandlysander said...

I love Arcade Fire and their new cd is awesome. I saw this video thing last week but my internet was too slow to play it in firefox :o( I'll have to try it out with chrome.