Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Turn that frown around

Yesterday, my SIL emailed me this old pic she found in an old laptop file which was likely entitled "The Cutest People I Know."



If you can't tell, that's Tony with our two oldest boys when they were ittle bitty kins. Seeing this made me sad because it reminded me that we used to drink regular Coke instead of Diet Coke. All those extra calories! It also made me sad because I'm missing my boy.

This is the pic I took of Cord the morning he left for scout camp, five days ago:



I gave him a George Mcfly haircut the night before he left. All business in the back, party in the front. His hair had gotten so long, and I knew he wasn't going to have much time up at camp for lame things, like washing his cascading locks of silky blonde hair.

He's been gone way too long for my taste, and I have no way to contact him. Why does camp gotta be so long? If I'd known that one week feels like one year in cord-gone-time, I wouldn't have let him go. Things aren't the same without him around. I want things the same. FHS, he's my favorite child! No, just kidding. ::nervous laugh::

Anyway, I'm feeling a little better now. In an effort to cheer myself up, I went in search of my most favorite video of all time and watched it twice. Much thanks to the young lady who posted it years ago. If you're feeling down in the dumps, click HERE and watch it for a quick pick me up. Hope it helps you as much as it helped me. ::snap, kick, snap, kick::

10 comments:

Memzy said...

You're. Soo. Welcome. I had a good laugh and a half again (for the 20nth time). It's like a little gift from the past, no?

I felt the same way about Riley being gone at scout camp. Brutal!! Sidenote: no built in bbsitter.

eekareek said...

Why had I never seen that video before????? I must learn that routine.
Sorry your missing Cordy. Morgan went camping over night with Teddy and Wini and I was depressed for having them gone for just a day and a half, can't even imagine what your going through.

Carol said...

That video gets better EVERY time I watch it. Wasn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen? And scout camp was never mentioned when baby boys first arrive. . . .painful to have them gone for a whole week.

Cristin said...

I so needed that. Thanks Memzy and thanks Jenny for reminded me. So awesome!!!!

My kids are going camping this weekend with suckers...oh I mean friends and I can't wait. But they are taking all of them and for some reason it's way less painful then if just one is gone. Crazy!!

Markie23 said...

Thanks Jenny/Memzy/AV/Gods for that video. No better way to brighten up a day.

Krissy said...

That is SYTYCD material for sure! I am laughing cuz I think I did a dance very similar to that, but I didn't have the cool pink underwear.

I hope your week without Cord goes by fast. Hang in there!

Emily said...

I know how you feel! It's a not-so-fun feeling having our kids away from us. Especially our favorites. :)

That video never gets old!

Hot Pants said...

We fortunately planned our family vacay during scout camp and our favorite child was unable to attend.
Memzy is my favorite dancer.

Katie said...

Memzy! Living my tween dream!

Landee said...

You gize are adorable pretending to miss your kids when they're gone to scout camp. You're SUCH. GOOD. MOMS!!! Srsly. You should join Mormon Mommy Blogs or something. This reeks of it.

What's weird is I had that pic in a folder called "Cutest people I've Never Met" folder. I gotta move it over to "Cutest People I've Ever Met" now though.

And srsly, I'd forgotten about that video as well. I'm gonna forget trying to learn the NappyTab routine they posted for National Dance Day and focus only on this. And again....the solo....the close ups....I can't get enough.