Friday, July 30, 2010

So... Anyway...

This is awkward. Blogging after so much time has passed. I mean really sitting down and blogging, not just emailing a pic from my phone. I'm trying to decide if I want to go back a few months and detail what has been going on around here, or just acting like nothing has happened at all. We'll see. I'm still in my PJs and it's past noon.

Anyway, I'm really here to post a quick reminder of an upcoming event. Yes, you guessed it, Mockingjay (the third and final book in the Huger Games series) by Suzanne Collins will be out in less than a month:




And you know what that means, right? Yes, you guessed it, the second annual Hunger Games cake decorating contest will commence. And I have a few surprises up my sleeve this year. The official announcement with all the sweet details and prizes will be coming soon, I just wanted to give you potential tributes a heads up so you have time to reread The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, fall in love with the whole series all over again, and start brainstorming those cake ideas. And listen, anyone can enter. Don't be intimidated by last year's Careers.

May the odds be ever in my your favor!

10 comments:

Memzy said...

So much pressure!!

And I'm trying to make the same decision about my blogging as well. Incredible amounts to cover. ::sigh::

Sara M. Carter said...

hehe, and im actually starting to read hunger games heh... can i do one about the first book....?

Landee said...

Yes, can the cake be from either of the first two books or only the second? I mean, I have an awesome idea already 'n stuff ::ahem::, I'm just wondering.

eekareek said...

I am so excited about this years cake! Eek!

samandlysander said...

I'm so excited! I'd better step up my cake from the barbie cake I did last year though.

Markie23 said...

::Looking for sponsors::

Carol said...

I watch 'Food Challenge' on the food network ALL the time. I've got skills. . . .I'm thinkin' about it. We'll see :)

Cristin said...

EEEEK! To bad I currently don't have a kitchen...yeah...that's my excuse and I'm gonna use it. But I can't wait to see the cakes.

Blogging is hard.

Hot Pants said...

Can't wait to sweep the contest again! I'm very talented as you all know.

Katie said...

Speaking of cake, I just spent the afternoon eating up your July ’09 posts about Washington DC (and, while I was at it, your running toilet). I loved every picture and bit of commentary – Seriously some of my favorite D see tips yet. Thank you!