Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birth Homer

(cuz "birthday" didn't fit on the cake)



Homer turned 5 years old. ::Sniff::



This has been the fasted 5 years of my life.

Homer had a birthday party and invited friends, which is unheard of around here. In fact, this is only the second birthday party with friends I've ever had for my kids (the first one being Cord's infamous 9th birthday party, and I can't write on here why it was infamous because it's too scandalous but most of you know as it's one of my fave scandalous stories to tell.) Gus has never had a birthday party before, and he's been begging for one for years. That's not fair. So I think I'm going to throw him a surprise party this year. Mums the word, K? I had a surprise party once when I was little and it was one of the best days of my life. Which brings me to my point: I am 100% sure that today was the best day of HOMEDIGITY's life! It was a good day for me too, watching him open his presents and freak out over every single one of 'em ("awesome!' "woohoo!" "yessss!"). I wish I had had my camera. Alas, it's still in Denver, so these celly pics'll have to do, pig.



The whole gang:



Note the number of children. I was the only adult. Not good, as I am still weak and fragile from previous mentioned illness. The older kids pitched in and stuff, but still, by the time it was over, I felt terrible and crashed for the rest of the afternoon. But it was so worth it.



7 comments:

Carr Family said...

Oh my gosh he is such a cute kid. I'm feeling left out, I don't know the scandalous 9th birthday party story!

Markie23 said...

Congrats on giving him a great birth.

samandlysander said...

Happy birth Homer! That cake looks yummy.

Emily said...

Is it weird having your youngest be FIVE? I'm a little jealous. That is one cute kid!

Krissy said...

Sheesh, you were practically on your death bed and you still managed to throw a birthday party??? I have to say I am impressed.

Memzy said...

That cake ROOLS. Happy 5th to H-train!!!

Landee said...

Brynn says happy bday to Homediggity! Oh, and I say that too. I would definitely have canceled the party and slept for 14 hours in your condition. You obviously love your kids more than I do.