Monday, April 26, 2010

Over the weekend...

Cord wore his 4-year-old brother's coat to the grocery store without an once of shame:



Gus came home from school without his two front teeth:



We were pleased that he lost both his front teeth at the same time, as Cord lost one at a time and had to endure a year of snaggletoothness. Gus didn't care about any of that, he was just pleased to get double the tooth fairy money, and insisted we take him to Walmart at once!



The kids have been begging for a pet, and after Walmart, we somehow let them talk us into taking them to Petsmart... just to look.

We caved within minutes, and got them two freakishly cute dwarf robo hamsters. Homer was especially thrilled. After we got the cage plush hamster house all set up, he begged us relentlessly to let him hold one of the buggers.

It was 5 seconds of pure bliss...



until...


I was lucky to capture the exact moment^.
If that picture had sound, you would hear high-pitched screaming and wailing.

So, Katniss bites. I'm not surprised. She's a fighter.


17 comments:

eekareek said...

First of all, ew.

Second of all, Homer getting bitten by the hamster is the CUTEST thing ever. I bet the hamster thought Homer was so stinkin' cute and just had to bite him. I have felt that way about my own kids before.

Cord made that 4T coat look good.

And I secretly hope Gus' front teeth never grow back.

Memzy said...

All. Good. Stuff! He makes that coat look hawt with his smoldering look of teenage indifference. Toofless is the bestest. I agree on the adorableness of Homer getting bitten. It's almost too much to bear.

KATNISS!!!! I'm thinking my dog, Rue, would totally get along with her. Can we set up a playdate?

Krissy said...

SUCKAH. That is why I never go to petsmart "just to look".

Oh my adorableness. Cord with his oh so small jacket, Gus minus his two front teeth, itty bitty lord farquad...i can't stand the cuteness!

ManicMandee said...

Going to a Pet store just to look is very dangerous. And a rodent? Wow, you have more guts than I gave you credit for. YUCK.

Katie said...

The big question is, did you name the second one Peeta or Gale?

Anna B said...

Kodak moments fur sure. Get the pun?

Markie23 said...

Head! Paper! Now! Move that melon of yours and get the paper if you can! Haulin' that gargantuan cranium about!
He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.

Jana said...

Cord's rockin the 3 quarter length sleeves with style. Hamsters? Interesting choice. You will all have rabies within the month.

Emily said...

What are the odds of catching that Homer moment on your iphone camera?!

Hot Pants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny ESP said...

HP--whoa, if you really think I'm sensitive about my kids' pet hamster, then I can only assume you are trying to be deliberately mean in your comment. And your subsequent self-deprecating statements do not negate meanness, as hoped.

Jenny ESP said...

We tossed around the names Peeta and Gale for #2 hamster, but these are female hamsters, and Peeta and Gale are totally male names. Ahem.

We narrowed it down to Rue, Primrose, or Foxface. Memzy thinks Foxface. If any of the rest of you feel strongly about one of those names, let me know.

Markie23 said...

I feel strongly that the name should be Cinna. btw, if one of those little rodents bit me, it would be soon be wearing a flaming coat.

Hot Pants said...

Didn't mean to be deliberately mean, just deliberately funny. I guess I'm not as funny as I sometimes think I am. I'll go ahead and delete my comment.

Markie23 said...

FTR, it was funny.

Landee said...

Geez! I missed some Morgan sisters cat fighting? Dang. That's my favorite kind of cat fight. I knew I shoulda come here earlier.

Lord Farquad is the FUNNIEST pic I have ever seen. Ever. I cried laughing and showed it to Gty. He then chuckled which is huge for him.

PS Lemme know if hamsters stink.

Princess Kimi said...

Katniss needs a zazzle panel mini baby-t to once and for all settle if she's on team Gale or team Peeta. p.s. deleting your own comments is rood to the ones of us that missed it. fhs.

Landee HAMSTERS don't stink..their big job does.