Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We drove into the...



In the summer, I'm sure it's as scorching as the name implies, but it was perfectly lovely in March. All blue-sky and red-rock.









There are lots of interesting hikes and things to see. Apparently, in the olden days, this place was swarming with Cowboys and Injuns. And a famous renegade (named Mouse, of all things), used this one hole as his hideout.



Uh oh, Markie...



This is Tony's desert interpretation of his favorite Rush album cover:



The original:



Not too shabby, eh?









Please note: I took all of these breathtaking pictures with my cell phone (otherwise they would have been even breathtakinger), not including those two pictures of the planet Tatooine that I mixed in there to test you. I got those from the Google images.

9 comments:

Markie23 said...

What, you're not gonna tell us which ones were Tatooine and which were VoF?

eekareek said...

Breathtaking.

Jenny ESP said...

What kind of test would this be if I gave you the answers, Markie, really?

ManicMandee said...

Looks like a great place to visit! Love the artsy photos.

Katie said...

Which are from a Google Image search? I guess (1) "bantha," and (2) "hot mom with handsome boys"

Wow, these are gorgeous. Desert rock is my favorite landscape on earth.

Memzy said...

The iCamera is gorge!

Landee said...

Tony perched on that rock with the boys makes me lollerz for some reason. But sweet trip. How far away is this place?

That rock dood is awesome too. It was like Rush's album cover had a baby and it moved from the frozen tundra to the scorching desert. Brilliant.

Emily said...

Very cool!

Erin Beck said...

I camped there many times the spring and summer of '07 and I gotta say, it's the closest you will get to hell!