Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ignore the giant beers

We went to this Everclear concert in Phoenix over MLKJ weekend, as if it were the 90s or something.



I should probably mention first that we were in Phoenix with Amy & Dwight (plus kids) and Erin & Scott (Scrin, if you will), because we were running the rock-n-roll half marathon. And when I say "we", I am referring only to Tony and Dwight. The rest of us slept in and got to the race just in time to miss Tony crossing the finish line.

Oh dang. I forgot to take a picture of Tony and Dwight after the race. Dang. Maybe Amy has a picture?

After the race, Tony and Dwight went immediately back to the hotel to shower, and the rest of us sat on the grass for an hour or so and watched the Everclear concert, cuz our feet hurt from walking and standing around and stuff.





It was exhausting, dragging those free-spirited kids through that crowd of people. The "spectator" parking garage was super far away so we had to prod and push the kids all the way to the finish line (at least a half mile), and they kept swing from our hands, pulling our arms out of our sockets, and just being generally annoying. Where the H is my metal?

Anyhow, here's the runner's metals:



The square one is from the Phoenix race (clearly) and the round one is from the race Tony ran in December here in Las Vegas (obviously). Tony's halfsie time is always the same (1 hour, 51 minutes, something seconds). That's pretty consistent timing, considering the distance and how many races he's ran. However, for the Phoenix race, his time was 1 hour, 50 minutes, and something seconds. Significant improvement, no?

9 comments:

eekareek said...

Very significant, indeed! I am sad I couldn't go and hang out with everyone. Maybe I will start taking up running.

Landee said...

Who drives all the way to AZ just to have to run 13.1 miles? I'm pretty sure that was one of the torture devices Hitler used.

And one minute is HUGE. Can you imagine if I ever beat my 6 mile time? I'd totally take another picture of the treadmill thingy.

Memzy said...

But did you see Bella or her mom?

Ahh. Everclear.

Your medal is in the mail. MommyKidSocketPulling is srs business.

Emily said...

I've heard that race is way fun! Way to go Dwight and Tony. That was a smokin' fast finish time!! Maybe he can give me a few pointers.

Markie23 said...

Wow, those are some really giant beers!

Jonah in the whale said...

Good job to the runners! Better job to the moms! I felt your pain. That must have been way harder than the running was.

Krissy said...

I am impressed with Tony's running time. Oh to be a runner and actually enjoy it!

Hot Pants said...

Thank you Jonah. Everyone should be impressed not with Tony's running time, but with the speed we got 7 kids from a rock concert to a parking garage several blocks away without losing a single one.

Flem said...

I am impressed by anyone who thinks running is fun.

They probably have a nice little run down in Santa Barbara if you ever want to beat that time. I think it is 5 miles or so...