Sunday, January 10, 2010

Books

I'm reading like mad lately. Too much, actually, and it's making my life all off-balance. I stayed up until 3am last night, finishing a really good book (that I'm not going to tell you about just yet), and then I laid in bed for another hour or so, thinking about it. I had to get up at 7am, so I had no business staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning, but I just had to find out if Miss Two Slice Hilly 'as gonna git what 'as coming to her, and if Skeeter 'as gonna marry Mister Stuart, and if Minny 'as gonna leave that no good husband a hers.

I love books that make me act all reckless and irresponsible, but I hate the consequences that go along with of that behavior. This time: I slept through my alarm in the morning, which was embarrassing, as I was supposed to sub-teach Gus's primary class. I jumped out a bed, threw on a skirt, and made it there 10 minutes late, by myself. Then I felt all down in the dumps about myself. Why'd I stay up so late? I could have finished the book after church today. But when I was reading last night, I just knew if I put that book down I would toss and turn all night, and probably have one of those dreams where I'm looking for a toilet the whole time cuz I gotta pee so bad but can't seem to get any relief no matter how many times I go.

One of these days I'm gonna wet the bed, and there'll be nothing I can do to stop it. Except maybe finish whatever book I'm reading before I fall asleep.

Anyway, American Idol starts this week, so thankfully I'll get some TV time in and balance out my life a little. Kids are good. Alive and well, if you were wondering.

PS. The potato book we're reading this month on SRBC is top notch. It's a good month to join us if you were thinking about it.

9 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I notice when I read books, whatever they are, I am smarter. For realz. My vocabulary and thinking skills just work better. I don't make much time to read lately. So you can see why I'm struggling.
I really think all your reading is making you a serious genius. And your imagination is out of the roof too I bet. So keep up the good work. Who needs sleep anyways?
And by the way...last night I had to pee so bad in my sleep that I had horrible pains in my lower ab and back. But I still stayed in bed nonetheless. It wasn't until like 8am that I relieved myself and the pain was instantly gone.

ManicMandee said...

^^^TMI I know.

Landee said...

Law, Miss Jenny! Readin them there books is good for the brain just like Miss Mandee says. But you gone have to find some balance fore you up and leave your child at the neighborhood gasoline station (or another such place of business).

Memzy said...

booooooks!!!!!!

Jenny ESP said...

Miss Memzy, what kind a lazy no good comment is that? It don't make a lick a sense. It's just plain lazy!

Miss Landee, law, indeed!

Miss Mandee, I have those pee dreams on the regular. Even though I gotta pee so bad, I never realize that it's just a dream and I can't seem to wake up myself up and go. There ain't no fix but to finish a book before you go to sleep. And after I read a book, I start talkin like how they do in that book. Even if they's talk all uneducated in stuff.

Flem said...

I try to only do this once in a while when I am WAY into a book but it is really, really hard to put it down and turn off the lights. I usually will brush my teeth for 15 minutes while I finish the chapter.

It doesn't make a difference since I just had my third root canal on Friday.

Markie23 said...

It's like me and on-line sweepstakes. I'm so off balance you could knock me over with a feather.

Emily said...

I wish I were addicted to reading. I'm sure that would be much more beneficial than my addiction to real like crime shows.

Carol said...

Jespy, Jespy, Jespy. Good for you. Reading is great and I'm sure you're kids are none the worse for wear. They appear to be quite normal, healthy, kind, cute, smart, etc., etc. So do not fret. Lack of sleep is a small price to pay for such good entertainment.