Thursday, December 3, 2009

Huge! Important! News! Stories!

You know on Glee last night, how it was all about the principle not wanting to put the glee kids's pictures in the yearbook, because they always end up getting defaced by the other students?

Well, this local news story came on right after Glee, about this high school girl (pictured below), who is very upset right now, because her school is refusing to put her school picture in the yearbook.



Why are they refusing to put her picture in the yearbook, you ask? Well, because it looks like this:



I know, right? She looks waaay happy. What's the biggie?

But the REAL good news is that nobody was murdered yesterday, so FOX 5 News's breaking story was all about this high school girl's open-mouthed smile, and her weird half-side ponytail-rat ball. What this really adds up to is that crime is down, people!

In Hunger Games cake-makers news, our humble cake contest it still making the Twitter rounds. It really started to pick up Tweet-steam when Scholastic tweeted about it:
"#HungerGames fans! You MUST see this Hunger Games cake decoration contest of scenes from the book http://bit.ly/17gRQu. Tell us your fave."
But that's not all. The scholastic people mentioned our cake contest on their official-type blog, and gave us a link! But wait. Before you start shrugging, they mentioned our cake contest in THE same post where they made a huge official-type breaking-news announcement regarding book three:


^^That's right! They announced the release date for the much-anticipated book three in the HG series. Eeek!
(Notice that date is a whole week shy of one-year from when CF came out. Earlier than we thought. So go ahead and rip an extra 7 links from your construction paper count-down chain today.)

Read the scholastic post HERE. Notice that they call our contest "crazy." I think that's a compliment.<--said like a question. Hey, do you think this means Scollins might stumble upon our gloriously humble cakes someday? 'Twould be an honor, no?

14 comments:

Cristin said...

OH MY GOSH!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! That is AWESOME (said all sing songy like). You gize are so famous..and I totally know you gize. ::kicking myself for not getting off my butt to decorate a cake..IDIOT!::

Hot Pants said...

I cannot stop laughing at that girls pic. She totally did her face and hair like that on purpose. I think she's a genius and the school should be proud of that and reward her with an entire page.

ManicMandee said...

Ok, yeah that is pretty cool. You must be feeling pretty proud parent right now about that cake contest. :)

samandlysander said...

It's so exciting how much publicity the cake contest is getting. Who knew it would get so big.

Jana said...

OH. EM. GEE. You are so big time. I can't get over it.
Update: We saw baby Jonah Gray Swallow today...he's as cute as we expected, being that he is Krissy and Jason's child. He weighs 7-11 (maybe he'll like slurpees) and 20.5 inches long. Way cute!

Memzy said...

Son of a...!! Famous indeedy! Will the next cake contest be strictly Catching Fire themed or is it inclusive of the whole series so far? I'm already planning.

Memzy said...

ps. You think THAT's funny. You should see Shed's drivers license. Good. Clean. Fun.

Mary said...

If they let kids go to school dressed like they are these days, I can't understand why there would be a problem with that picture being in the year book. Very confusing!

Landee said...

I can see TBone attempting this junior year-ish.

And I soooooooo knew the cake contest would hit the big time eventually! Cakes (and really terrible cakes at that) are allll the rage right now. Scholastic is lucky to have us.

Annie said...

I want to be that girls friend for so many reasons.

I'm feeling like I should have participated in you "crazy" cake contest now. Totally bummed...

eekareek said...

OLD NEWS!!! Morgan's senior picture was him wearing an afro wig and cop sunglasses. It has been done.

OMG!!! I wished I would have use some fondant when decorating my cake now that the world is looking at it. Oh well, it could be worse, right Samantha?

Markie23 said...

I'm thinking of starting my own cake decorating business... you know... now that I am nationally recognized.

Emily said...

Thanks for the good laugh this morning.

I really, really needed it!

Krissy said...

Thanks for keeping me entertained whilst I was in the hospital.

::marking 8.24.10 on my calendar::
(^that is gonna be a big day!)