Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's going on...

We took Cord to the eye doctor last week.



We knew this day would come. Not only are both of his parents legally blind, but also, he had been failing school eye exams for years. Even so, we decided not to bother with glasses until his vision started bothering him... and it finally has. This is the first year that he's had problems seeing the board. But only in his science class, so that particular teacher must write like an ant.

Ironically, his prescription is exactly the same as mine was when I got my first pair of glasses. If only I knew where the H I put those glasses. It would have saved me $59.

It was not easy finding the perfect pair of glasses for Cord's tiny face. Not many styles to choose from for boys at Eyeglass World, either. Luckily, we found these inexpensive vintage glasses. Are these perfect for sciencing or what?



The good news is, he's nearsighted so it's best if he only wears his glasses for distance seeing stuff, and otherwise leave those bad-boys off his face.

Change subject.

We had company come stay with us last weekend, so I spent a lot of time making my house shine like the top of the Chrysler building. I got rid off all those papers that I was emotionally attached to, so I'm cured of my hoarding disease.

Before: After:



(Note to self: Do not open the blue tote.)

Here's Homer, vacuuming his bedroom like a mad man:



And here are our esteemed guests, the Hineys (aka the Landersons).



We went out to the Hoover Dam one day, and that's the only day I pulled out my camera, otherwise I would have gotten some pictures of me and Landee at Cafe Rio and playing Bananagrams, and lots of pictures of Gty playing Homer's DSi.

Cord went with us to Hoover Dam, because his school called right as we were leaving for the H-dam and said I had to pick him up. He had a vicious fever of 99 point something degrees that went away before the Tylenol touched his tongue. And the school nurse said he couldn't go back to school for 24 hours so he had to miss two days.



Check out this adorable picture of Landee:


^^Piper McCloud.

Gty: "I didn't realize Hoover Dam was named after the president."
Tony: "Did you think it was named after the vacuum?"



Here's Cord standing in two states at once, Nevada and Arizona.



The Landersons left on Wednesday (frown), and then I sat on the couch and caught up on my intense TiVo schedule.

Change topic.

I still haven't decided on a Halloween costume for me and Tony, and I only have a little over a week to come up with something. AV (aka Carol) sent me this picture, and suggested I be the octomom:



I love it. The only problem is, what would Tony be? Her nameless, faceless baby daddy? Dr Phil? I dunno.

I was kind of considering something Alice and Wonderlandish, or maybe dress up as my two favorite internet people:



9 comments:

samandlysander said...

I've never been to the eye dr. before but it looks pretty scary.

Memzy said...

If those really are cord's glasses then....he's my hero.

Piper Mcloud!!!

ManicMandee said...

Now that's a post! Good stuff happening there. (Except for glasses.) Octomom is a brilliant idea! Tony could be one of the babies. Wear an adult diaper and nothing else except a pacifier possibly.

Mary said...

Please tell me that you didn't buy those glasses for my cute little grandson!

Katie said...

You should split this up a bit. I have something to say about Cord, and Hiney, and Hoover Dam, and halloween costumes. I feel like you making me just pick one by posting it all together like that. As if that kind of stuff happens every day.

Katie said...

Still no comment because of my protest. I just wanted the following comments emailed to me.

Flem said...

I am overwhelmed by your triple topic post.

I thought you said "where in the H1" did I get it and thought you were so clever, like "where in the H1N1 did I put those glasses" but it turns out you were saying "where in the H I put those glasses."

Emily said...

Great stuff. I always feel so enlightened after reading your posts. Can't wait to hear what you end up dressing up as for Halloween!

Landee said...

Best post ever!

Srsly tho...I did not approve that pic.