Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Speaking of Trees and Hair...

Brrrr. It suddenly turned freezing cold here in the blustery city of Las Vegas. Highs have been in the 70s-80s. Worst part is, we have to deal with this kind of comfortable weather for about 5 months out of the year. Ah well. <--whole paragraph, riddled with sarcasm.

My Forks hoodie finally came out of hibernation from the back of my closet, which is similar to a groundhog coming out of his hole and seeing his own shadow. Fall has officially arrived! Any day now, the leaves are going to start falling off my schizophrenic tree. Or maybe it's a Siamese twin tree? Check it out:



I was thinking schizo because it seems to be two entirely different breeds of trees stuck together.





Meh. I say schizo.

Onto the unrelated subject of hair...

Cord has had the same hair style since he was about two, unlike Gus, who insists on changing things up about twice a year.

The hair style works for him. It's a nice clean-cut side part, that goes great with a polo shirt or an argyle sweater. But it's also kind-of boring. He's looked the same in all of his awkward school pictures since kindergarten, and I think it's the hair. I struggle to even place his pictures in order.

Cord in 1st grade


Cord in 5th grade


So, recently, Cord decided to change his hair.

It actually happened because I was too lazy to cut it. I kept putting it off until, one morning, his hair was too long to comb to the side in its usual fashion. It just wouldn't stay, no matter how much gel I put in it. So he went to school that day with these side-swept bangs, a la Zac Efron, and I told him I would cut it when he got home.



Well, the plan changed when I picked him up from school, because the girls went goo-goo-ga-ga for his new hair. And even some of the boys, he said.* Ahem. Anyway, I don't know what to think. He does this head flip every so often to fling his bangs out of his eyes, a la Zac Efron.

*That reminds me of this funny story from when Cord was in 1st grade. I picked him up from school one day and said, "Cord, you look extremely handsome today." And he goes, "I know." And I said, "You do? How did you know that?" And he goes, "Keith told me."

14 comments:

Memzy said...

EVERY boy around here has the swoopy bangs hurr do going here. All but my boys. And when I say "every" I mean lots. But he really does look cute with it. Srsly. What does HE wanna do?

Memzy said...

More importantly, does Keith still attend school with Cord?

Jenny ESP said...

HE wants to keep the hurr did. ME was planning to cut it the minute he got home from school. And believe me, Bako is not the only town who has seen High School Musical. EVERY kid at Cord's middle school has the same Efron hair, which is what finally clued me in to the fact that maybe his non-swoopy hair was outdated or something. Personally, I think the side-part is timeless.

No, Keith is gonerz. That was when we lived on the south side of town. RIP.

Erin Beck said...

Thats funny you mention his hair because Maddie and I had been discussing that this morning as we were getting ready for school and work. She said several of her g/f's have been commenting on how cute her cuz is and she credits it to his new Effron 'do. I have to agree!

ManicMandee said...

What else did Keith say? Isn't Kieth the name of the gay kid on Glee? Just curious- Cuz it's amazing how Kieths manage to live up to their names.

Cord's new do is great. (I like Zac Efron myself.)

Hot Pants said...

I'm more of a Drake fan. Him and Josh are a hoot together!

eekareek said...

Cord's old school had a waterfall?!?!?!
I, like Keith, think Cord is very handsome and I like his swooping hair style.

Jana said...

My dad's name is Keith.
JK, it's Ned. <==really it is.
Cord's way handsome.

Emily said...

Total heartbreaker that Cord is!

Krissy said...

Love the new "do"-very handsome indeed!

::wishing my fall weather was as good as yours::

Katie said...

He does look super fresh with his new do. If is was a little girl, and totally unrelated, I might walk behind him, and say hi as I passed him.

Jenny ESP said...

MM--no, the gay guy on Glee is named Kurt, not Keith. LOVE that show. It's my new fave.

Flem said...

Wow that made him go from young and innocent to... tweener and innocent!

He is adorable either way but now he looks like he is in a cool skiing family with an SUV.

michelle said...

Cord is so flip'n cute...he can wear it anyway he wants and the girls are going to be head over heels for him. The new do is groovy :)