Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween '09

Happy Nevada Day. Sort of. Nevada day is the 31st, but they want to give us plenty of time to celebrate, so there's no school today or Monday. Kind of like two snow days that extend our weekend, but without the snow and with perfect weather.

The kids had their school Halloween parties yesterday. Gus was a mummy:



I tore strips in this stretchy white fabric I had laying around and hot-glued it directly to his PJs that morning. Then I made this head piece that he could wrap around his head. He kept putting it over his mouth. I didn't ask him to do that. He's already a quiet kid.



Here he is at his class party.



I tried to get a picture of this kid who dressed up like Michael Jackson, but he turned (yes, he) right when I snapped the picture. He was the spittin' image of Blanket Jackson, no lie.



Homer was a viking.



It's a Legoland costume he pulled from his toy box. He wears it on a regular basis. Those Legoland costumes have gone a long way. I swear, Lego makes the best dress up clothes. Super durable material, and quite inexpensive. We have lots of them. Love 'em.

Here's a pic from his preschool party:



Cord's school Halloween party was an informal dance. I wish I could have seen that/snapped a few pictures so you could have seen it too. He dressed up in one of his Lego knights costumes that used to fit him when he was about 6 years old. I wish I could have seen that/snapped a few pictures so you could have seen it too. The kid has no shame.

In other news, who wants a duct tape wallet? Quick, while I'm in the mood, place your orders...

15 comments:

Jana said...

K, I'm sorry, but Gus looks like an abused child in the first 2 pics. Or like a burn victim. Seriously, no offense. 3rd pic he looks like his happy self. Lovin' Blanket Jackson. And PS lovin' your post below about SYTYCD tappers. Hilarious! It's sad how they were trying to be all cool and it just doesn't look cool.

eekareek said...

I want a duct tape wallet (or purse if you are feeling ambitious enough)

Markie23 said...

OH ME, ME!!

Markie23 said...

P.S. I love Homers costume. With just a little tailoring, and sans horns he could be Link.

samandlysander said...

I'd love a duct tape wallet. Homers costume was super cute!

ShelBailey said...

Uncle Sam wants a duct tape wallet, too!

Hot Pants said...

I'll take 5.

Memzy said...

I would ask for a wallet but I don't think Brains would appreciate that how own creations are...leaving some neatness to be desired. At this very moment he is filling wallet orders for his friends at school and family.

I need pics of Cord. Need them. Cuz it's not complete yet.

Flem said...

I don't want a wallet but I want a school halloween party where I can bring frosted cookies.

I think the mummy idea is great--instead of rewapping each time, hot glue it!

On the MJ, why didn't you just say "hey I love your costume, can I get a picture?"

Landee said...

That is the skinniest mummy I've ever seen. Cool idea to hot glue it to jammies tho. Yer so smart.

One duct tape wallet plz. Do you take color requets?

Jenny ESP said...

^^yeah, if you got color requests, state them now. I got a stack o' wallets ready to ship.

ManicMandee said...

I want duct tape pants. Is that too hard? Size 4 please. It will totally motivate me to shed all my extra weight.

ManicMandee said...

I swear I'd wear them

Krissy said...

Love the costumes. Is it too late to place an order. I need one pronto!

Jenny B. said...

awe very cute costumes.

im a true viking at heart with a little mummy in me.
i guess that comes from my Zombie side.