Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Backwards

We've had wide-spread illness at our house for about a week. And when I say wide-spread, I mean Cord, me, and Homer became feverishly ill, in that order. Tony and Gus never catch anything, as per their freakish immune systems. I am very glad they never get sick. Yes, I'm 99% happy for them.

Here's Homer in his sick cocoon, compared to his earlier self-portrait:



He nailed the eyebrows.

He's been drawing people a lot lately. He has his own signature style, that includes Brillo-pad hair. I like this picture he drew of himself with his favorite person:




For some reason, he wrote his name backwards at the bottom of this one:



Creepsville.

But he out-creeped himself when he wrote his name backwards and upside down across his stomach:




Speaking of backwards names, there is someone in Las Vegas named Sexxy Lewis.
This is not an old lies tale. Proof:



He's the second cousin of a victim. Sadly, I think his name is the real tragedy here. Sexxy, spelled with two x-es? That kreatif spelling is gonna give him grief for life! "No, it's Sexxy with TWO x-es."


13 comments:

Jami said...

you just made my day. Allie spells her name backwards too. I thought I was the only one with a messed up kid. We really should get the two of them together.

eekareek said...

neraK. redruM. remoH.

I don't think it is creepy.

Memzy said...

Lollerz Sara!!

I cannot begin to express how much I love kid drawings. I want them to last forever.

Ps. Char's fave Halloween candy= cnd cns

Emily said...

It must be the age. ALL of my kids spelled their names backwards like that at that age. So funny. Homer is way cute and I would love to borrow him for a few days.

Sexy should have been spelled with two X'es to begin with, don't you think?

ManicMandee said...

I am on a crappy menstrual cycle that has me feeling grumpy. (TMI I know.) But I want you to know that this post truly made it all better.

thanks

Landee said...

Waaaaaait.... are you sure Sexxy is a boy? His face is like a baby's butt. Soft & feminine.

Hot Pants said...

Looks like remoH is wanting mom to take him roller skating. He just got lucky with your name being a palindrome. <--My name should be Smarty Pants instead of Hot Pants.

Hot Pants said...

Dang! I even previewed that comment to make sure my arrow would be in the appropriate place.

Markie23 said...

As long as your adding x's why not go triple-X Sexxxy! I guess his folks thought he'd be hot, just not THAT hot.

Krissy said...

Cute little Homer! Hope you all are feeling better!

Carol said...

So sorry you were sick--hope the rest of the tribe doesn't get it. I LOVE Homers art work. Idea from HGTV--take pictures of kids art work/school papers, etc. and when they finish grade school--put them in a Kodak book. You can then throw out all those bins of saved stuff that your kids will not really want to keep as adults. They'll have the memories minus the storage issues.

Carol said...

How would you feel about home made soft caramel chews and the best chocolate almond toffee you ever laid eyes on? Think about it. There just might be some coming your way during the New Moon journey. I'm just sayin' We'll see. Uncle Visor and I thought some road food might be good for you guys. P.S. bring your stretch jeans.

Mary said...

So sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are all better soon. Love Homer's pictures and Homer, too.