Friday, August 14, 2009

Q-tips & Q pons...

I bought 11 boxes of Q-tips at Albertson's the other day.

It was a huge leap of faith. See, I read on the Internet that if you buy 10 boxes of Q-tips at Albertson's, it would cost about $27.00. BUT, if you buy 11 boxes of Q-tips, it would only cost $3.00.

I decided to try it. It was embarrassing (cuz, ya know, 11 boxes of Q-tips)... but it worked.

I am literally tripping over Q-tips boxes now. Literally. So, guess what? I'm going to UT (and then ID) tomorrow, and I am bringing a box of Q-tips for everyone. (limit one per household) So if you live in those areas and were planning to buy Q-tips today, don't. I'm coming, and so are my Q-tips.

BTW, have you ever seen that warning on the Q-tip box that says not to insert the swab into your ear canal? Chaaaaaaaaa-right. What else is a person gonna do with 4,000+ Q-tips?

After I bought my Q-tips, I went back and bought all this stuff...



...not because I needed it or anything, just because I could buy it all for $31. (That's $127 worth of groceries before coupons.)

Now, about those Ticonderoga pencils I mentioned previously...



They are the world's BEST PENCIL, indeed. They make me so happy. My heart skips a beat when I see them. I love how they smell. I love sharpening them all and lining them up in my desk drawer. Best of all, I love writing with them. Smooth as baby's bee-hind.

They cost quite a bit more than your average pencil, but trust me, once you go Ticonderoga, you never go back. You'll even drive all the way out to Henderson, NV to buy them on sale, because NOT going and passing up that deal would make you feel sick to your stomach.

This is how I justified the trip to Henderson:



I got all the above for $2.06.
(2 reams of printer paper, 6 spiral notebooks, 3 dry erase markers, and a Casio label maker)

I didn't need any of that stuff. All I really needed was 6 boxes of Ticonderoga pencils, but I had to buy all that to justify the gas money, etc. Sigh.

I am finding that label maker to be of some use, tho.

I made this for our front door:


And Lily A. gave me this idea for my bedroom door:


So far, it hasn't worked.

16 comments:

Landee said...

You're gonna go broke saving money.

All I can think about is you setting up those boxes and
stacking your water and Qtips for your big display photo. It makes me giggle. Especially when I imagine it happening at 3am.

Memzy said...

I think it was worth it just to see the stacked display. Will you be Q-pon-ing on the regulah now?

Crysty said...

I totally need q-tips. I think I'll go to Albertson's today! Seriously, I only have 2 left. Is it a print at the register type coupon or do I need to get it from some paper somewhere?

eekareek said...

I once got $186 worth of groceries for only $7. It was awesome. am still enjoying the fruits of my labor. Can't wait for my Q-tips. I have got an itch but I will wait for my new q-tips to scratch it.

michelle said...

I so have to try that 11 boxes of Q-tips thing!! Who knew? And I will buy a box of Ticonderoga pencils just because you love them so much :)

Markie23 said...

I'll be in Q-Tip heaven!

Landee said...

You converted me to Ticondys and I now look at Papermates with disdain.

Now that I look at your product arrangements, I'm wondering why the Skippy peanut butters don't like each other. They seem like they are giving each other the silent treatment.

eekareek said...

Does Landee keep coming back to this blog to study your picture of groceries?? It is okay, I am doing the same thing.

Memzy said...

The peanut butters are set that way for obvious visual symmetry.

ps. I LOOOOVE me some fiber one bars and my kids LOOOVE them some reeses puffs cereal. Maybe we should come visit.

ManicMandee said...

Hey thanks for the Qtips! I want you to know I will enjoy them. I must use one every single time I get out of the shower. So I go through them quite easily. And yes, I do shove them in my ear canal.

It was great seeing you last night!

Mary said...

I hope you have enough Q-tips to leave a box with your mommy since we are out.

Jana said...

I come home from camping to find two items on your blog that bring me so much joy...1. you totally coupon?? I totally coupon!!! I knew we were kindred spirits. And 2. you blogged about my daughter, which pretty much means she's now famous.

Krissy said...

Watch out, couponing is quite addicting, especially when you can get that many q tips for practically free. Yesterday I bought 30 boxes of Mac n Cheese...all for free! It was awesome.

Krissy said...

P.s. call me so we can play.

Emily said...

Dang! I just used my last Q-tip today! I wish I was in Utah...not just for free Q-tips, but to see you, duh.

inquisitive gal said...

Meow, I was wondering if you would consider doing a Q & A post where you answer questions for us poor little ugly, fat people so we can be as beautiful as you. Where do you shop??? Who does your hair??? Should I eat egg whites or protein bars?? The suspense is killing me!! Also your deep thoughts get me through each day so keep on posting through the fog and one day you just might see a rainbow.