Thursday, August 27, 2009

Link-on, Nebraska

Here's a few Links for you, starting with this iddle bitty kins...



Awww. Don't you love his lackadaisical expression? Much different than his world-weary pose in this shot.

K, down to business. Did you hear there's a sequel to The Wizard of Oz in the works? Dakota Fanning is set to play the new Dorothy, but she won't be the timid, singing farm-girl type like the original Dorothy. She's gonna be all tough and urban, which is Dakota Fanning through and through.



I'm confused about the story time-line, tho. Will this movie take off where the 1985 sequel, Return to Oz, left off? Cuz I would really like to forget that movie ever happened to me. This scene from Return to Oz is one of the creepiest things I ever saw as a kid, topped only by this scene.

BTW, what do you think of Dakota Fanning taking that bit part as Jane in the New Moon movie? I know. I was thinking the same thing. She should have been cast as Bella.


^Bella snuggling with baby Renesme. Am I right?

Next, I know most people hate chocolate, but if you go HERE, every Friday through September, you can get free chocolate. Shrug.

Last but certainly not least, I'm sure you are all having heart palpitations, thinking about the up-coming release of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (sequel to her literary masterpiece The Hunger Games, and September's book choice for the Smart Remarks Book Club). Well, get ready for a special treat... Here is your sneak peek of Catching Fire, chapter 2 read by Suzanne Collins.

"Eeeeeeeeeeek" is right!

Now, I must warn you in case you haven't heard Ms. Collins read The Hunger Games, that she puts on this yucky accent when she reads the part of Katnis, but pay no attention. Just savor the masterful words.



Can you stand the wait?!? I'm super patient etc, but no way. Not this time.


If you're a nerd, you can go HERE to print off your HG/CF bookmarks, but they're pretty ridiculous. I mean, what kind of nerd would put this book down? I printed off the poster instead.




13 comments:

Landee said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. That. Was. Awesome.

Why didn't I think to search for this myself? Stupid Landee, stupid stupid stupid! ::pulling my hair like Chris Farley on The Chris Farley Show::

But srsly, that accent is HORRID. This is KATNISS EVERDEEN... not Piper McCloud! Doesn't Suzanne Collins know that Katniss speaks normally and the people at the Capital speak with a watered down british accent? Freak.

(loved it tho...Imma have diarrhea over this, I can tell)

Cristin said...

I second that EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remind me not to buy the book on cd...I might not be able to fully like the book if I had to hear Katniss sound like that through the whole thing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memzy said...

can't............breathe................wha..........how..........will I............sleep.........

ManicMandee said...

What a fun little potpourri of a post. Lots of stuff to be excited about. I totally agree about that Return to Oz movie. Super creepy.

eekareek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!


(My "eek" totally one ups Cristin and Landee's "eek"'s)

eekareek said...

WHAT! It didn't post it all!!!!

Krissy said...

Can't wait! can't wait! can't wait! Oh this is gonna be good!

Hot Pants said...

I forbid myself from reading the excerpt until I finished The Diplomats Wife. So I guess I better go start that now. Dang my procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flem said...

THAT is a twist I hadn't considered. This is going to be intriguing. I am so jazzed now and I have to remind myself not to tear through it so quickly.

Thanks for that. Oh and I am getting my chocolate fix in... 5 minutes. I happen to be pretty sure that I am the only one who is up early enough to benefit from the link but thanks for sharing!

Markie23 said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!
I will not open myself to the possibility of getting a single spoiler, so I have avoided virtually all references to the next book. Srsly, I didn't even know the title of it when I went and reserved it. I just told them I wanted the sequel to the Hunger Games - the day it is released.
There is NO WAY I am going to listen to someone else read from the second chapter. Are you nuts? I want a completely virgin experience when I read this book. Even your post is pushing the boundaries, although I do love the poster.
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!
I am already getting worried because the book in the picture looks way too thin. It looks smaller than the first book. I think its going to go by way too fast. Help me Jenny, Help me.
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!

P.S. I love fuzzy little Link. I need me one!

P.S.S. 4 more days...
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!

Jana said...

Hey when does that sequel come out?? I'm not nerdy enough to know.

Mary said...

This is one of those books that I'm actually looking forward to reading. Hope they don't sell out the first day.

Oh, and I saw one of those readers like yours.....not an Amazon one, but a Sony one, and as it was under $300 I was very tempted. If we hadn't had so many bad experiences with Sony products, I might have succumbed to the intense desire to have one of those nifty gadgets.

Emily said...

That post was chalked full of good stuff. What's better than free chocolate and a Hunger Games sequal?

Nothing!