Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hunger Games / Catching Fire Contest

To celebrate the long awaited release of Suzanne Collins's book, Catching Fire, I am holding a cake decorating contest. A Hunger Games cake decorating contest.

To enter, simply bake (or buy) a cake and decorate it in some way that represents The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It doesn't have to taste good, it just has to look good.

Be clever. Be funny. Be Peeta Mellark.

After you decorate your cake, take pictures. Lots of pictures from all different angles. And then email those pictures to me (ajesplin @ gmail dot com).

Deadline: midnight, September 01, 2009 (to clarify, you have all day Tuesday to finish your cake. As if you will be frosting a cake instead of reading all day Tuesday--charight--but there it is.)

I know that's not much time, but check out these motivational prizes.

First place, this apron:

HGbird, Hungry? apron

Second place, this mouse pad:


Third place, these refrigerator magnets



And whoever makes the biggest cake wreck wins this jar of poisonous Nightlock Berry Jam:


(WARNING: do not eat this. Feed it only to your worst fox-faced frienemy)

On Wednesday September 02, I will post all of the entry pictures on my blog, and open it up to a public vote. (All cake makers will remain anonymous until after the vote) So start decorating. Don't put it off to the last minute! Anyone can enter, including practical strangers. Srsly, the more the merrier.

May the best cake win, and may the odds be ever in my your favor.

*Many will enter (3 or 4, possibly 5), few will win. May the odds be ever in your my favor.

15 comments:

Warriorcats said...

mom mom! u shud enter this!! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLOX!!! (rofl)

Landee said...

No one better even BOTHER to enter cuz I'm SOOOOOOOOO gonnna win this!!

I'm making sketches of possible cakes as we speak.

You're all goin' down faster than Glitter after multiple trackerjacker stings.

Markie23 said...

While Landee is wasting her time with her sketch pad, I'm furiously lining up sponsors. I anticipate silver parachutes of sifted flower, pure cane sugar, farm fresh eggs, and fragrant vanilla bean. Cakes are going to drop one by one until mine is the last cake standing.

Flem said...

Oh I am so sad about this stinky flu! I am going to make one anyway, one that no one can eat because it will be lethal.

During church tomorrow when I can finally come out of my quarantined room...

Memzy said...

Speech. Less.

Memzy said...

::panting::

::running in circles::

eekareek said...

This is right up my alley. I just hope I don't get the poisonous jam (BRAT!)

Emily said...

I'm gonna sit on the sidlines and watch this one go down. I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Erin Beck said...

Why do you limit me to baking something in the oven where I need something more than a paper plate and a plastic fork?? This is discrimination.

ManicMandee said...

I'm feeling terribly non-creative at the moment, but I am really looking forward to watching this all play out. Those prizes are so amazing!

Hot Pants said...

My cake is on the cooling rack as I type. Since I already own some poisonous jam, I'm going for the apron. That's right, you heard me. I'm in it to win. The apron that is...not the poisonous jam...please.

Warriorcats said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm who shud i vote fer?????? if mom enters im voting for her but she hasent been baking soooo......HMMMM

Hot Pants said...

Start showing pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

StandsMom said...

I'm dying to see pictures too!

Warriorcats said...

ME THREE! plz plz plz plz!!! i wanna see picz plz. roflroflrofl