Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Seating Arrangement

I just did my online check-in for our flight to WashDC...
Even though I reserved seats together when I booked and paid for the flight, Northwest Airline took it upon themselves to scatter us throughout the plane on both of our connecting flights.

On the second flight, I managed to move us back together, but on the first flight, there were no more available seats together. I called the airline, told them the situation, told them that I'm traveling with three young kids, and they said, "unfortunately, the only seats we have left together are in row 22." And I know from experience NOT to sit in row 22 (miserable upright seats on top of the engine--so loud that you get an instant migraine, and you can't even hear yourself think, let alone hear your Nintendo DS), so I told her there is no way in H we are sitting back there and this is not fair because I reserved my seats when I booked the flight. And the lady said, "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do." And I said, "OK, then I guess my three-year-old will be sitting off by himself, next to some business man." I had the satisfaction of hearing a long hesitant pause, before the lady told me to go ahead and come to the counter before boarding and she would try to get us together.

If she thinks she's gonna stick us in row 22 tho, she's wrong. There's no way in H we're moving back there. And the more I think about it, the more I'm liking this idea of sitting by myself. Let the stewardess put the straw in my three-year-old's Capri Sun, help him pass level two on his DS game, and entertain him. I'll just sit back with my Kindle and enjoy the flight. I'm not even going to put up a fight, I decided. Just go with it, and let them know that they'll have to see to the needs of my minor children, as they are flying alone.



Our seats are in the blue (Cord A5, Gus A7, Homer F5, Jenny F7) and Tony's seat is in black (E8). I prefer isle, but this could work.

8 comments:

Emily said...

This may actually work to your advantage. I would just go with it!

Crysty said...

That's actually an awesome seating arrangement! LOL. Can't wait to hear how it went!

Markie23 said...

You said you were scattered throughout the plane, but it looks very symmetrical to me (except for Anthony who is the odd man out). I'm picturing some bored airline employee changing seat arrangements around just for fun. Maybe he likes you and the kids and thought you would all like window seats. And maybe he doesn't like Anthony and seated him between a chain smoker with bladder control issues, and a Pakistani man with bad B.O.

Landee said...

We had this happen when we were late for a Southwest flight...no reserved seating, only middle seats were left. They asked people to move (this one old lady in particular) and they said no. Tbone ended up sitting by this lady all by himself and talked her ear off the whole time about Pokemon and Bakugon. I did not feel sorry for her. I was one row up, enjoying the flight. She had her chance.

Oh, and Gty and Beebs and Jbird were who knows where in the back of the plane. Bliss 20,000 feet in the air, I'm tellin' ya.

Cristin said...

That sucks! It happened to us on our flight home after the accident, me and Bubs seats were together and both of the girls were in isle seats farther up. Luckily, when the stewardess asked for volunteers to move, we got lucky and some very nice people moved for us and we didn't even have the awful seats!!

Hot Pants said...

Just make sure you say this nice and loud as you board the plane, "Hey kids, if you need ANYTHING, just press this button and a nice lady will come help you out." Then sit in your seat and put on one of those eye cover things.

Memzy said...

I'm super lollerzing. For many reasons.

Warriorcats said...

like my mom already said that happened to us. aparrently dad bought us tickets that put us in diffrent seats so Hyrum and and mom where stuck far in the back and me and emily sat next to some very nice people. and they offered to swap seats with my mom and Hyrum. man do i love idaho.