Thursday, May 7, 2009

Park of the future

I took the kids to the weirdest park on Monday. There was this red cup-like thing, and the moment you sat in it, it would start spinning. In fact, pretty much everything at this park would spin when you sat on it.

This picture below is Homer sitting in the red cup thingy. He was screaming because it wouldn't stop spinning and he couldn't get out, but I got a picture real quick.



Here's Gus, standing on another spinning thingy.



And all the kids on the spinning merry-go-round.



I wish I had taken an overall picture of all the strange contraptions. Very futuristic. I imagine that this is how parks will be when we all live in outter space, year 2020.

I'll be busy with cub scout day camp for the next few days. I thought I was ready, but I just remembered a bunch of other stuff I was supposed to do. I have two hours. I need to get decorations--supposed to decorate my "area" like Easter Island. Um. Drawing a blank. And also, anyone know how to say "hi" in Easter Islandese? Two hours, people. C'mon. We can do this!

12 comments:

Memzy said...

I am gonna pretend that it is Life After People and then there will be NO cub scouts.

Memzy said...

Have fun?

Markie23 said...

Wikipedia can give you a quick overview. For the language you can check out the Rapanui Glossary here:
http://www.islandheritage.org/vg/vg22.html
That's where I learned that the word "ure" means both penis, and lineage; as in "That guy has a really long and distinguished ure" (meaning lineage of course).

Katie said...

What the?!?! Markie!!

Futuristc park. Las vegas still has one up her sleeve, after all.

Hot Pants said...

I think I prefer the old fashioned parks. Where you get a third degree burn sliding down the slide, or splinters if you touch anything else.

Hot Pants said...

And funny Markie should bring up penis/lineage thing. I am always mixing those two up.

Carol said...

Loved the park pictures. Las Vegas is very forward thinking. Have fun at Cub scout day camp. You'll need a really long nap when you get home.

ShelBailey said...

My friend Lysa has decided that she likes your attitude. The kid wants off but you get a picture first. Priorities!

Jana said...

^Lollerz at HotPants. Remember Camel's Back Park? Serious injuries occurred there in my childhood.

Landee said...

I think I srsly injured myself sledding at Camel's Back Park, Jana. I'm talking make-shift sling injured.

We have a park here with a few of those spinny things. I wasn't thinking it was futuristic...I was thinking it was a barf waiting to happen.

Me & the Tilt-O-Whirl don't get along anymore.

Mary said...

I'm with Landee, I figured your next picture was going to be of the boys "losing their lunch". I hate spinning thingys.

Annie said...

We had one of those parks in Bako. Totally cool. Now that I have NO T.V. I need to start catching up on my reading huh?