Monday, May 25, 2009

The Girl in the Yellow Dress

I have something new for you that I hope you will enjoy...



It's a new blog, but it's more than just a blog, it's a romance novel co-written by Jespy Espy and Landeelu Landerson, without any collaboration or discussion between the two authors. We think that it's full of passion and hope and cliches and indulgent nonsense... but we don't know for sure since we are making it up as we go along.

What we do know for sure, is that we will post a new chapter every day, and we will be inspired by the television programs we watch, the books we read, and bloggers... like you.

Our goal is to make you fall in love, and spew Diet Coke all over your keyboard.

So, add this blog to your bloglist: The Girl in the Yellow Dress

Or even better, add the above picture and link to your sidebar.

Here's what it's about...

19 year old Kris... has a crush on... is in love with... has a soul that yearns for a girl he has never met. All he knows about her is that she wears a yellow dress, and that... she is the one that he wants... she completes him... she is the oxygen he breathes into his lungs, which is then carried by blood platelets directly to his heart...


Co-written by two authors through email, with absolutely no collaboration other than the above idea, and with no clue in which direction their co-author plans to take this, The Girl in the Yellow Dress is a ground breaking experiment in organic plot development. It will have readers laughing, crying, and dancing in the isles.

What the co-authors are saying...

"Characters may die," co-author Jespy says with a shrug, "I mean, if I can make a secondary character die in a fun and creative way, I think readers would love that."

"I write because I breathe. If I ceased breathing I'm sure my writing would suffer as well,"
says Landee, co-author & conspirator,"Oh, and if Jespy kills someone I like, I'll bring them back from the dead, no prob."


10 comments:

Memzy said...

It's like those "build a story" things we used to do in primary. It was just too hard for me to have 2 author's coming in bashing CEC and I would only have a one in three chance to defend. ::sigh::

Can't wait for everyone to see the other chapters!!

Jami said...

I think I am going to take this as a choice for my book club. I can already tell it is going to be a real "page turner".

ManicMandee said...

If it's anything like the tale of Jeremy Cla, I am in for sure.

Carol said...

Loved chapter one--can't wait for more. The subtle nuances/humor make it come alive!!!!

Emily said...

Wow, free entertainment at it's best. Thanks!

Landee said...

It's actually kinda like that Telephone Game we played in Primary,Memz.... where one person whispers something, they whisper it to the next and the next and so on and so forth....and by the time it gets to the last person it's filled with American Idol bits, personal agendas and blog references.

Magical.

Mary said...

I'm hooked. When do we get the next installment?

Markie23 said...

I'm kinda already involved in a book right now and only have 4 more days to finish it. But I will get to this one very soon. Can't wait.

Krissy said...

I can already tell I'm gonna heart this book!

Katie said...

I think blogging about the new blog is my new favorite blog posts. This one is a winner.
"I was spewing diet coke all over my keyboard."
-Katrina, Eagle 7th ward