Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's Get Crackin'

These pictures are from Saturday. My niece Maddie called at about 10 that morning (woke us up cuz we're lazy) and said there was an Easter celebration going on at the park down the street, so me and the kids threw on some clothes and went, un-showered and looking like the cast of Oliver Twist. We also didn't belong there, since the event was put on by another HOA (Corey's HOA--Maddie's dad, if you didn't know).

Look at the sky in these pictures tho. It wasn't super cold, maybe about 70, but those were some menacing looking clouds.





Here's my niece France with a lady bug...



Allergies...



A little better...



Gus found that eye patch in one of his eggs.



Then Tony met up with us and we went to the library, went shopping for some long-overdue new clothes for the boys, and out to eat at Macaroni Grill.

Then we went home and decorated eggs...



Gus is "hat committed" here, and in desperate need of a hair cut...







How it all turned out...



That's Tony's egg on the bottom there, that says "let's get crackin'."

8 comments:

Landee said...

They were allergic to the Easter Bunny? You know that's not a REAL bunny, right?

Looks like the holiday was properly celebrated at the Jesplinsons. Good to know.....I was worried what with this reading jag you're in and everything.

Landee said...

PS We were just commenting on each other's blogs at the same time... TWINNERZ!

Cristin said...

fun fun fun! I'm only jealous because I wish someone would wake me up at 10:00 instead of 6:00...

cute eggs!

Flem said...

I like how you hopped in on another HOA hunt. Were there "little kid rules" or was it a total free-for-all with big kids elbowing out the little ones?

I like the eyepatch idea, mixing holidays like that. Its like giving out red heart candies at Halloween or something, very creative.

Krissy said...

Nine eggs??? That's it? Let me guess, the economy right?

Mary said...

The kids all look adorable. Can hardly wait to see them at the reunion!

Katie said...

That Anthony! He is a crack up!

I love the allergy pictures. So sad, and itchy. And an eye patch? I have been to those kind of Easter egg hunts. Like some one got all the junk from their toy closet that was small enough to fit in an egg.

Emily said...

That first Easter bunny picture is hilarious! You get extra bonus points for decorating eggs with them. That is one thing I HATE to do!