Friday, April 3, 2009

Diet Coke

I thought today was Saturday. Very confusing. And I can't remember yesterday.

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that, lately, my Diet Coke levels have been all out of whack.

See, a few weeks ago, I decided to cut WAY back on Diet Coke. I cut it down to two or three DCs a day--no rehab, no patch, did it cold turkey. I had a migraine from H for two days straight and came close to performing my own brain surgery, but whatever. I endured.

And my two three Diet Cokes a day became quite a special treat. They tasted better too.

But last Sunday, I completely relapsed. I think it was because we were out of Slim*Fast so I had to have a Diet Coke for breakfast. And from there, I was like, "screw it." I drank a dozen or so, leaving only one or two rolling around in my vegetable crisper drawer by the end of the day.

That night, I couldn't sleep, and ended up pulling an all-nighter. Yes, I cut back on Diet Coke for one week, and suddenly I can't hold my caffeine.

::I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so... scared!::

Monday sucked.

So I disciplined myself and went back to three four Diet Cokes a day. Much better.

And then yesterday, relapse again. I emptied my crisper of Diet Cokes, which Tony had just stocked to the brim on Monday.

So now it feels like Saturday and I don't remember yesterday.

Here's my question tho, we have over 6000 Coke Reward points. Which means we could get a grill, a hand vac, binoculars, AND an American Idol coaster set. OR we could get eight day passes to Dollywood, and still have enough leftover for that AI coaster set. What would you gize do?


13 comments:

Cristin said...

First, I'm totally lovin your playlist right now.

Second, I feel your pain.

Third, Dollywood and AI coaster set all the way...DUH!

eekareek said...

If only you had a good friend like Zach Morris to help you through your addiction.

Markie23 said...

I just can't get over the fact that there is a theme park based on Dolly Parton. Shouldn't it be called Twin Peaks? Anyway... yeah, you should definitely pick Dollywood. Check out THIS thrilling attraction.

Hot Pants said...

Markie just sealed the deal, and not in the bowel sort of way. Jespy and 7 friends are going to Dollywood!!!!!
And that episode of SBTB opened my preteen eyes to the real world. It is what made me who I am today.

Memzy said...

It's like I don't even know you anymore. ::cracking open my first can on the way to the gym::

Flem said...

Hand vac.

And wow. I have about one diet coke a week and feel like that is too much. You have inspired me.

Katie said...

So, I go to this family dinner, feeling quite awake and thirst quenched from the 6 diet Dr. Peppers sweetened with splenda, and my BIL goes and gets his laptop out and pulls up an article on the chemical make up of that beloved sweetener. Suddenly, it feels dirty when I drink it.

Can you cash in your points to buy more diet coke? You could save a bundle.

Annie said...

Man I thought I was doing good having only 44 oz. of D.C. a day and with my 250 Coke Rewards. I SUCK! Or do I? I can't remember...

Emily said...

I can't stop laughing. You are hilarious! I can't believe you have that many points! You DO have a serious problem. Can you cash in your points for rehab?

Landee said...

You're not gonna be one of those people who go through rehab and clean themselves up and then go to all their still addicted friends and preach to them, are you? Those people bug.

Answer: Dollywood. That's the most nobrainerest question ever asked.

Emily said...

I quote this moment of Jessie Spano hysteria probably once a week. Nice to know I'm not alone.

michelle said...

Reducing caffeine intake is TOUGH!! I know those headaches and they are not for wimps. Good luck!!

Not sure what I would select with the coke awards. Maybe Dollywood?

Amanda said...

I wish I had some good advice to help with the addiction, but I'm not one to give advice. Especially since I gained a blasted three pounds since I stopped drinking diet coke (as much).