Friday, April 17, 2009

Bugs and Emo

I was at my computer the other night, and I looked down and there was a cockroach sitting on my knee. Without warning, no tickle as it crawled up my leg or anything. It was just sitting there all the sudden. I don't think I've ever screamed so loud in my life, and without any restraint. I just kept screaming and screaming.

The door to our office was open, and I could see Tony sleeping about ten feet away, and he is a really light sleeper, and I know he heard me screaming and screaming. I even asked him about it in the morning, and he said "yeah, I think so." Yet he didn't move a muscle. So if a killer/rapist breaks in, I'm assuming I'm on my own.

But, needless to say, I barely slept that night after the cockroach, and I had a creepy dream, similar to Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Since then, I've had to sleep with the blanket over my head with only a small pocket of air to breathe, in case a cockroach tries to crawl into my mouth or up my nose while I'm sleeping.

But, I haven't seen any cockroaches since. He might have been a "lone wolf."

In other news, Gus needs a haircut bad. It hangs down almost to the tip of his nose, and I try to keep it combed to the side, but by the end of the day it's all falling forward and he's gazing out through this veil of hair. Cord keeps calling him an emo, and Gus doesn't seem to be bothered by that. I asked Gus if he think he looks like an emo, and he said yes. So I asked him what an emo was, just to see if he knew, and his answer was something like this:

"It's when someone in your family dies, or one of your friends die, and you are really sad, so you take a knife and start cutting yourself..."

And I burst out laughing when he said that, because he has an "emo" confused with a "cutter," and why does my seven-year-old know this sort of junk? Did I miss a special episode of iCarly?

10 comments:

Landee said...

It was actually Drake & Josh. Josh went emo and lost tons of weight.

They didn't address cutting tho... maybe he read Specials?

Cristin said...

Great. Now I'm gonna have to sleep with the blankets over my face in fear that it could happen to me. thanks alot!

Markie23 said...

That's it. I'm moving to Nevada.

Katie said...

He is cool with being emo? Lucky for you, I think cutting is kind of a girl thing, right? Now I am not sure.

Cockroach on your leg? Why did you say that? Now I feel them crawling all over me. ::shuddering::

Memzy said...

I'm sure you are perfectly capable, but I'm offering to do haircuts if you wanna come to B town.

Lollerz at cutter.

Flem said...

There are no "lone wolf" roaches. However, my friend who lives in LV has a ton out by her pool--maybe this guy just snuck in...

I always think of emos as cutters too so I am with Cord.

Carol said...

Flem is right--there are no lone wolfers. See one, many others hiding somewhere. Having said that, they hate humans and will stay waaaaay far away from you now that you've screamed.

Try a headband or barrett in cords hair. :)

Mary said...

Never heard of a cutter. Where did you hear about one? And Carol is right, headbands and barretts work great for keeping hair out of your eyes. I put one on Teddy every time he comes over, just so he can see well enough to play "James Bond" on your dad's nintindo.

ManicMandee said...

Lots to catch up on your blog here in just the last week.

Am I totally stupid for not knowing what an Emo is myself? I need to check out Wikipedia. At least I admit it right?

And I sure hope you don't find anymore cockroaches. Yuck.

Emily said...

I think it would take me a lifetime to get over the emotional trauma of having a cockroach on me. You didn't overreact at all!