Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top O' the Mornin' to Ya

Happy St. Patty's Day, the most celebrated and exciting holiday of the year.
What did we do to celebrate? Well, for starters, our boys' awoke to shamrocks all over their bedroom walls...



...And that's it. That's all we did.

I haven't blogged in a week, it seems. I hadn't even realized it had been that long. This last weekend, Anthony went up to Portland to visit his sister Michelle and his brother Scott, so it was just me and the boys. Nothing I'm not used to, but it still kept me busy. For some reason I felt the need to entertain them all weekend. Good times, but I am in fact a girl, and an adult one, so I can only play "dead man, dead man, come alive" so many times before I start to long for a lil "me time."

Anyway, Anthony brought me back some of these babies:

Whoa, these are the best things I have ever had the pleasure of eating! Killing me softly, melt in my mouth goodness! I hid in my closet and ate the whole thing by myself. Shout out to Mich, who knew I would love them.

K, it's a gorgeous day today, 80 degrees, clear sunny skies, so I'm gonna go open my blinds and run on my treadmill...

14 comments:

Memzy said...

K that us the sweetest treadmill time EVER. You should share. And you did WAY more fir St Pattys day than me. I did this:



Yup. Nothing.

Katie said...

Your kids got shamrocks? Above and beyond. I was just going to throw some broccoli in with dinner, and call it good. Maybe give everyone a little benedryl before bedtime.

Those mint things must be good. I haven't ever tasted them, but i have been thinking about them all day after your Ask Memzy post about them. You have never steered me wrong when it comes to minty meltiness. And hiding in the closest is perfectly acceptable, casue those little buggars are always after your lucky charms (for you, for St. Patrick's Day)

Warriorcats said...

lol! i just made a blog acount and i got here by going to my mom's blog (Cristin carter!!!!!). anyway, i guess i would do the same thing! put some shamrocks on my bedroom wall and eat a whole pakage of cookies (the ones with chocolete chips! yum!).

Cristin said...

I would hide in the closet too. I didn't realize it was St. Patty's day till my kids started pinching me waaaaaay to early in the morning.

ManicMandee said...

I did nothing to celebrate with my kids or fam today. So you are pretty amazing for doing the whole Shamrock thing.
And what are you doing on a treadmill during such nice weather? Treadmills are for late-dark-night or freezing weather running.

Flem said...

What did he bring back the treats from? Did you mention it? Sorry sometimes my travel keeps me from getting all the info.

PS Go Meghan Joy.

Landee said...

Oh no she ^^^ didn't just give a shout out to Toddler Dancer on your blog!

Anyway, I swear I commented here before... I musta just THOUGHT my comment and then forgot to type it. The point is, I do nothing for SPD (that's text for St. Patrick's Day). My kids had no green on today. And definitely no shamrocks on their wall fhs. All the workers had green on at Chick Fil A though for dinner so that was good.

eekareek said...

Oh those cookies look good. I like that you hid in your closet to eat them. That is totally something I would do. I am of the opinion that if nobody sees me eating, then it is zero calories, zero fat. St. Patty's Day is great. It costs nothing and if I don't dress my kids in green then I get to pinch them.

Emily said...

I did absolutely NOTHING for my kids for St.-whatever day. What a cute idea though to Shamrock your kids rooms! So clever.

Yummy cookies. I might have to order me some of those babies. My problem is I don't know when to stop. I would eat the entire package in one-closet-hiding session. That would mean WAY too much time on the dreaded treadmill.

Mary said...

Hey, my blogs are working today. Yeah! It's been so long that I feel completely out of it. Glad to see that everyone is still out there blogging away.

Warriorcats said...

im gonna tell ya some st patty's day jokes, "why do frogs like st patricks day? because they are always green!" lol. "why cant u borrow money from a leprecon? cause hes always a little short!" hoo hoo! now that be funny!!!!!

Vegas Family said...

You celebrated St. Paddy's a lot more than we did.

Jenny ESP said...

People. Those are chocolates. Not cookies.

Joke for Warriorcat that my kids told me: Have you ever heard of a six leaf clover? Yeah, me neither.

Maddie said...

yummy