Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Country Folk

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.
And so we shall grow stronger for enduring American Idol Country Week; stronger mentally, spiritually, physically, financially, our gag reflex will be stronger, etc.

We're down to 11, about to be 10.

I have a strong feeling that Oil Rigger (aka Michael) is going home tonight, despite the fact that he was in his element last night. Not because he's a bad singer, but because he's not connecting with the audience. He's dead inside. You can tell by that odd smile he keeps plastered to his face, that tries to say, "I'm just having fun up here, America. LOL."

Oil Rigger makes me wander over to my fridge in the middle of his performance to look for something to eat. Same with Blindy and Little Rounds. Boring. Snooze fest, those gize. That reminds me, can any of you recommend some tasty low-cal snacks? Much appreciated.

The anti of Oil Rigger is Anoop (aka Anoop), who looked directly into my eyes last night and told me that I am always on his mind. Sigh. Good move, playa. He also picked the best song of the night. Willy Nelson and his shaky, old man, talk-singing voice can only be improved upon.

The contestants who's performances I look forward to the most each week seem to be Edward (aka Adam) and Toddler Dancer (aka Megan). I genuinely get excited when I see they're coming up, after the break. Their voices are interesting, their toddler dance is hypnotic, their relationship with the mic pole is romantic... these people are non-boring. This is what it's all about for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love Danny (aka Widower--is his dead wife still dead? I'm confused) and Kris. And I also find Alexis Grace (aka Cabbage Patch), Matt (aka Dueling Piano), and Lil Red enjoyable to listen to, but comparatively speaking, these gize are all pretty predictable. Who couldn't have guessed Danny's song choice this week?

16 comments:

TimW8 said...

my favorite comment of the nite was when Randy compared Adam to Nine Inch Nails doing country. [Bang] He hit the nail on the head with that one. But ya know what? I liked it. Like Randy said, it was HAWT. And by that I mean FLAMIN' hot.

Emily said...

You didn't just say you look forward to hearing Edward, I mean Adam? Did you?

Landee said...

Of course RDJs song choice was obvious. When his wife died he felt out of control and let Jesus Take the Wheel for a while.

Duh.

I'd like Edward Scissorhands better if he'd tone down the creep and the high crap. Let him know, mkay?

eekareek said...

Uh, Landee, that song was talking about a car wreck. No metephores in there, no mentioning of dead wives.

Toddler Girl is kinda like up there with Littl'. I don't look forward to her except for when she caws.

Katie said...

I have been waiting for this post all day. Finally, I get to see you impression, and where were have had out differences, tonight, I agree with you. Well, maybe I am not as thrilled about toddler dancer as you are, but I really liked eyeliner guys over indulgent performance. No, I loved it. That is the best I have ever heard that song.

Memzy said...

It's hard to focus when the only thing I can think of is Amir saying, "for you a thousand times over!" and then I tear up again. You understand.

Krissy said...

i missed AI this week, but i always LOVE your recap...very entertaining!

Krissy said...

i missed AI this week, but i always LOVE your recap...very entertaining!

Jana said...

I did not miss AI this week, but this post was still entertaining.

Jana said...

I did not miss AI this week, but this post was still entertaining.

Jenny ESP said...

^^what's up you gize?

Jenny ESP said...

^^what's up you gize?

Jana said...

Go to bed.

Jana said...

Go to bed.

Jana said...

You have lots of comments. You're pop. (abbrev. for popular.)

Jenny ESP said...

I'm in an earlier time zone, nerd. You go to bed.