Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blind Sympathy

I decided to let the rest of America carry the Blind Sympathy vote, and instead concentrated all my voting efforts on one AI contestant...



Right. Sad Eyebrows Guy.



Sadly (like his eyebrows), I'm pretty sure my votes will not be enough to get him to the next round. What a shame. Cuz not only does he have sad eyebrows and an interesting singing voice that doesn't match his nerd-exterior, but also, during his interview last night, he had a natural funniness about him, he seemed super comfortable, and he was the most real-acting contestant of the bunch. Then he got on stage and knocked over the mic.

I find this combination of confidence and klutziness highly appealing. Plus, sad eyebrows.

Ain't no mountain high enough to keep Blind Guy from moving it, and sailing on to the next round. I'm OK with that even tho his singing was mediocre. Blind.

There's lil doubt that Lil Rounds will be the girl moving on, but I wish it coulda been Second Chance Girl. Then again, maybe Second Chance will make it into the Wild Card show, and we can call her Third Chance before she disappears into oblivion.

As for the last spot... my guess is Jorge. He stood on that stage, completely stripped of his Puerto Rician accent, with his lil heart on his sleeve and won over America, me thinks. We shall see.

As for the upcoming Wild Card show, I think (according to what I googled) it's going to work like this...

On Wednesday's results show, the judges will each pick two contestants that they want to see again. Those 8 contestants (possibly 9, cuz they are a lil "undecided") will perform on Thursday March 5th, afterwhich the judges will imediately decide which three contestants get to move on to the final 12.

My concern with this is that the judges will try to equal out the boy/girl ratio a lil bit, in which case, maybe only one boy has a chance to make it through, and there are several I want to get through, including but not limited to Anoop.

In other TV news (cuz I am multidimensional and also watch shows like Gossip Girl and The Bachelor), Bachelor Jason created quite a stir on this season's "After the Final Rose" show, when he dumped Melissa, the girl he had proposed marriage to, and asked the Runner Up Molly "out for coffee."



The producers of the show were clearly trying to put a "he's just following his heart" spin on the whole thing, while at the same time playing up the drama of the guy making a mistake and breaking Melissa's heart, but it looked more like a case of "Grass is Greener" to me. With three proposals under his belt, Jason doesn't appear to be the type of guy capable of sustaining a long term relationship. Shocker.

My favorite line of the show goes to Melissa who, after getting dumped, said to Jason as she was getting up from the couch, "never text me again." Ah! They had a texting relationship. I have no doubt that Bachelor Jason was also having a texting relationship with Runner Up Molly behind Melissa's back the whole time, as Runner Up showed lil-to-no hesitation in accepting Jason's offer for "coffee."

If you're really into this S, then you might enjoy reading this email exchange between Melissa and Jason that occurred after the "after the final rose" show, compliments of Access Hollywood. Apparently, only texts were off limits.

KenDoll post to come...

17 comments:

Memzy said...

You killed. This post nailed it. NAILED it.

Katie said...

I am so mad at my DVR. It chose to record 18 kids and counting instead of American Idol. I am pissed! I tuned in for the last two minutes, but it wasn't enough. I am just thankful that I didn't get the change to get attached to someone that I might never see again on the show.

I thought your kendoll meant more to you than that.

samandlysander said...

I liked Molly better, but it was kind of crappy how he ended up with her.

eekareek said...

I love that Katie tivo's 18 Kids an Counting. That is so her.

I am with you on sad eyebrows. I loved his dancing and nerdiness. I don't even think he will make the wild card though.

Landee said...

Forgot to mention something else about Saddy Sadderson.... hyphenated name. What is with that?? I automatically hate people with hyphenated names and then they have to prove me wrong. He does look cute in that pic you've got there tho. Way cute. He's gonna make an adorable mechanical engineer someday.

So Big&Round, Blindy and Hor-hay? Srsly? I'm thinking it'll be two girls and a guy. This show was heavy on the girls. And I'm not just talking about Lil's rumpshaker.

Ooooooh, with this new info on how the wild card show will work, I definitely need to wait on the podcast until Thursday night. Thanks for suring that up for me.

Jana said...

I can always count on you for the most up to date reality tv show info. Now how reliable is the source on these said emails...it's fishy, but I will read them and analyze them nonetheless.

Flem said...

I agree with landee!! No hyphenated names!

Don't care about the bachelor but sounds like it was intriguing.

I don't have a TiVo or DVR but reading all these posts makes me kinda feel like I do--thanks for keepin' it real.

Jenny ESP said...

No one likes hyphenated names, but his name is hardly his fault, doy. He was born with it. Blame his woman's lib mom who insisted on keeping her maiden name.

Katie--did you see Kirk Cameron on 18 Kids and Counting? He still makes my heart leap.

ShelBailey said...

Speaking of the KenDoll, Jen, have you seen this:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10467743/1/amazon-kindle-comes-to-apple-iphone.html

Katie said...

I did see Kirk. Ooh la la. And he has six kids now. I think they should make a show about him. I think I would like it better, but the freak show that is 18 kids, just keeps sucking me in. Thanks for finding the ray of sunshine in my DVR problems. How did you get to see both? Are you not watching Biggest Loser?

Krissy said...

I never watched the bachelor, however i did tune in for the finale and the after the final rose recap. Talk about entertainment at its finest!! I was getting a kick out of the entire thing. Fav part=Melissa talking in third person..hilarious!

Jenny ESP said...

Shel--yes, the iPhone already has several free ebook-reader apps--I have two of them that are just fine. It sounds like amazon is releasing their digi book rights so there will be a bigger and cheaper selection. It's hard to explain, but reading a book on an iPhone is like reading a book on an iPhone, and reading a book on the kindle is like reading a book. I'll post video so you can see. Apple is coming out with their own reader device this fall tho. I'm sure it will be stellar.

Katie--I have a duel-tuner TiVo, but I set my TiVo to record the late night repeats of all those TLC shows (Little People Big World, Jan & Kate, Toddlers and Tiaras, 18 Kids and counting, etc) so it doesn't conflict with prime time TV. I don't always watch all those shows, but they're on my TiVo just in case I wanna sit on my couch without moving for 3 hours and nothing is on TV, which happens periodically. But I made sure to watch the Kirk Cameron episode. How much do you lollerz at Amy? She like normal in the middle of crazy.

K--Melissa's 3rd person talk was hilarious! "You chose Melissa, but you don't want to fight for Melissa."

Annie said...

Thank you for giving me more of the Bachelor. I really didn't get enough. In fact I am having withdrawls. I'm not sure if Jillian can bring the drama I need to fuel my "reality show" drama tank.

ManicMandee said...

I'm so out of it with AI now. Haven't seen it for 2 weeks. I think I may just need to do my reading and not even attempt to see all those shows I've missed. And I don't watch the Bachelor but I read enough pop culture news that I've decided I don't like that Jason guy.

Emily said...

You totally nailed this one. Way to sum it all up. I can't wait to hear what you thought of last nights fiasco.

Amanda said...

I don't need to watch either show. I am just as entertained reading about them on your blog. Thanks for all your hard work. Keep it up. Go Edward guy.

Jenny B. said...

i think that man has very nice eyebrows