Monday, February 23, 2009

Nifty Weekend

How was your gizes weekend? Mine was busier than a... I dunno. It was busy. Part of the reason was that we had our cub scout Blue & Gold on Saturday, and I waited until the last minute to do most of the stuff I was assigned to do, like make a ginormous vat of Sloppy Joe. Gag me! The noises that came from that pot as I stirred it with my wooden spoon. ::shudder::

Anyway, each family had to decorate a table in the theme of a different state. We made it into a lil contest to inspire more effort, and I gotta say, all that kreativity in one room was mind blowing. Our state was Florida, and we got 'em with a mountain of oranges and Disney World stuff. First place, hollah.

At one point, they asked all the scouts to get up and sing "Fifty Nifty United States." They did so with great reluctance, so Cord was asked to lead the boys. Cuz he has NO SHAME.

video

Leftovers:


Yeah, that's two containers of sloppy Joe, all right. Gag me!


17 comments:

Markie23 said...

I went skiing Saturday, so yeah, good weekend.
That's one brave scout ya got there.
Sloppy Joes = yummy. Glad you still had room in the fridge for the diet coke though.

Flem said...

I totally love fiddy niddy u.s.a! It was my fave in 5th grade. Never loved sloppy joe tho so sorry you have so much left. I did a Spanish session at the la templo sat. so I am feeling good gracias.

Annie said...

Wanna hear something weird? We are having out B&G on Thurs and guess what we are eating? You got it...Sloppy Joe's. Can you say eat before you go?

Katie said...

I love that sucking sound Sloppy Joes make almost as much as that sweet tangy flavor....mmmm...is my white trash showing?

Memzy said...

Lollerz at Katie! Now why am I not seeing pics of your loverly table completion?? Freakage. I need some delayed gratification here.

Memzy said...

And PS. Cord.

Ha!

Love it!

ShelBailey said...

Sloppy joe....Jespy's fave!

Hot Pants said...

Our B&G is on Thursday too Annie! We're having hamburgers and hot dogs. I am a sloppy joe fan though. Cord was awesome. It was Cord singing with some mumbling in the background. No one but him knew what the pace of the song was going to be. I especially liked how he held the notes at the end, and the shout out to Arizona.

ManicMandee said...

That's like half a slaughtered cow in your fridge. Yucky. I dare you to eat it.

So you're a scout leader?

Emily said...

Sloppy Joes--gag me with a spoon!

So, are you gonna make your family eat that crap for the rest of the week? Looks like you have plenty of oranges to go with it.

I. Love. Cord.

Landee said...

Cord dominated that song! Like blew it outta the water. Those other kids were clueless.... as my kids would be, but still.

I love sloppy joes. Had them for dinner tonight, actually. Fabulous on the digestive system. Slightly better than Taco Bell.

And yeah, where is the pic of your table????? I don't wanna tell you how to run your blog but srsly, get with it.

Jana said...

Good thing you have a bajillion oranges and limes to make up for the sloppy joe yuckiness.

Amanda said...

Hey, throw me an orange. I'm hungry.

eekareek said...

Sloppy Joes, Sloppy sloppy Joes. I acually agree with Katie. I like sloppy joes too. Of course I also like meat so that helps.

Rileybrains said...

Cords high notes were MIND , BOBBLING! i didnt know that a boys voice could get that high. wink wink :-)

Vegas Family said...

Sloppy joes = gag me too!

Vegas Family said...

Maybe you should send your left overs to Anna