Wednesday, February 18, 2009

G'day

Loverly day today! I hope you gize are experiencing the same loverlyness where you live relative to your normally dreary climates.

Did you gize know my oldest is starting middle school this fall? It's impossible that I have a kid that old, but don't ask me to explain. Please. (teen prego).

It's kind of early to bring up the next school year, but I got a note from Cord's school district, letting me know that they are voting on whether to require school uniforms at his middle school this fall.

What do you think? Do your gizes kids have school uniforms?

When Cord was in first grade, before we moved into our current mansion, he went to a school that required uniforms and I loved it like crazy. It made things super easy for me, and the kids looked stinkin' cute, like little English lads and lasses. I am so hoping they put those stinky greasy middle school kids in uniform.

I'm thinking this could be their casual wear:


But they would certainly have to dress in full robes on exam day:


And for PE:


On a completely unrelated note, I did in fact vote for Tatiana on American Idol 30+ times via AT&T text last night.

What did you gize think of the show last night? I was hugely disappointed. It was like "Worst of the 90s" night. Very unpleasant. And I just don't understand why the contestants would pick the same old songs that have been sung year after year on the show? If they pick an old song, for my sanity's sake, make it current and relevant to the futuristic iPhone year of 2009, geez. Still, I love RDJ Widower Guy (did you gize know his name is Danny) and Arab Nerd Guy (aka Anoop), despite their efforts to turn me off with their gag-worthy song choices.

Why did I vote for Tati? Cuz all the other girls bored me to death, wore giant sneakers with shiny spandex pants, or completely bombed. Single mom (aka Alexis Grace--but her Cabbage Patch kid name bugs) did good, but not well enough to make me vote for her. Tati sang the best of the girls, and she worked much harder than anyone else on the show to get this free handout that she's entitled to. Plus, she looked directly into the camera and asked me to vote for her.

18 comments:

Markie23 said...

That wasn't Tatiana, it was multiple personality #3.

Landee said...

Oh my lollerz on the uniforms. When the new elementary school opened around here they tried to make it so they would have to wear uniforms. The vote didn't pass. I'm not sure why. I think they'd all look adorable in their "khaki pants and solid color, collared shirts." <--- that's a tongue twister I just made up.

As for TatiTatiTwoByFour, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Emily said...

Oh how I wish my kids' school did the uniform thing. That would just make my life so much easier! I would definitely campaign for them if I were you.

I STILL haven't watched AI. I'm not going to bed tonight until I'm all caught up!

Landee said...

Don't let this Tati thing tear us apart, ok?

ManicMandee said...

I haven't seen last night show yet, but are you nuts?! Tatiana? That girl makes my skin crawl. She isn't that great of a singer either.

And my kids have never had to have uniforms, but I think that would be perfect!

Katie said...

Uniforms are so cute. I think slightly more cute on kindergartners but cute none the less.
I also wish I knew what the heck you guys were talking about about AI. I feel so left out...

Carol said...

Jespy, I have to agree with Lulu on the Tatigirl. She's annoying.

samandlysander said...

Tatiana was a little creepy. I liked Alexis Grace. Everyone else was a little nauseating I ended up changing the channel.

eekareek said...

Unfortunately, I didn't watch the show until today so I didn't get to vote buuuuut I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tatiana. She is the craziest...I mean coolest. I also like Noop (that's right, I left off the "A". We're personal like that) and widow guy. I thought blind guy was supposed to be competing last night as well. I was looking forward to his hair being made over. Maybe they didn't want too many favorites going at the same time. I love this time of year with my endless t.v. shows. I just wish that Pushing Daisies didn't get cancelled. I am still in denial a little bit.

Flem said...

Uniforms. Yes do it. My kids have had unis for the last four.5 years and I have been very happy with it. No arguing over clothing, no keeping up with the joneses, just good old fashioned uniformity.

As for AI, yes boring show.

Is Noop Doggy Dogg Arab? I totally thought he was Indian. My bad.

Memzy said...

I'm totally in time out cuz I thought I commented on here already!

I would DIE in HEAVEN if my kids had uniforms. DIE.

steve said...

I think I am going to make up my own uniform policy for my kids. No sense wasting time waiting for the school to force it.

Sam, Shel & Co said...

I wish they did uniforms here. Meg starts middle school in the fall, too. Ugh. They have so many gang problems that they give you a list of colors NOT to wear. I'd rather just do the uniform thing.

Actually, I may send her to charter school, anyway. This middle school is, quite frankly, kind of scary. And she would be the ONLY LDS kid there.

Katie said...

I forgot to mention...AI buys the rights to those songs, and though I am sure they buy new songs every year, they just add those to the list of the already bought songs. It isn't like they can sing just anything. Some songs are really expensive, and some are free, and some bands refuse to sell out. It is a cruel world.

Annie said...

I vote YES on School Uniforms only because it would have done wonders for my social life as a middle schooler.

I vote NO on Tati although I will say she is so fun to watch.

Again, thanks for making me laugh. I do love reading your blog.

Jana said...

Katelyn Destiny, Marissa Paige and Bailey Hope...I just made up all those cabbage patch names on the fly. I could work at the Patch and write out all the birth certificates.

Andy said...

YO this is coming from your DAWG in Caldwell!!! Its dope out here but they make the middle school kids where uniforms in the Vallivue middle school. I hear nothing but good things and helps to keep out gang type activity!

Amanda said...

Dang, you must be old if you have a child old enough for middle school.