Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Three Things...

Anthony thought he was being funny when he hung a Diet Coke can on our Christmas tree, but I was like, "yeah, that looks good," all straight-faced, and then added a few more cans. You should have seen his face fall. Tables were turned.



Homer did this queer little thing where he painstakingly hung clusters of bulb ornaments on one little branch, freaking out each time he accidentally bumped one off in the process. It occupied him for a few hours.





For the fourth year running, Anthony ran in the Las Vegas Marathon. But he only ran the half marathon again this year. Lamerz. No, just kidding. So proud.



He got up at 4am, drove down to the strip, ran the half marathon, drove home, and was back in bed before I even woke up. See his stats here if you're interested. His stats were almost exactly the same as they were last year. Creepy.

He was so disappointed by the "stupid looking circle metal"(<--his words) they gave the runners this year, but then he showed it to me and I was like, "Um, that's no ordinary circle, that's a poker chip." He was properly chagrined. When Gus saw Anthony's metal, his eyes got all big, and he goes, "You won?" And I was like, "No, he got 823rd place. The winner gets a purse." Which is true. A purse full of money.

15 comments:

Landee said...

Er, that says it was on Dec 7th... which was a Sunday. So, yeah. I feel so puffed up right now.

DIET COKE CANS!!! Nice. My tree has some darker red stuff on it so Diet Dr. P cans are gonna be perf!

Hot Pants said...

When I was at BYU one year, we decorated our entire tree with only lights and coke cans. It was glorious.
Congrats to Anthony on the marathon. Who cares if it was only 13 miles instead of 26. Is it really that big of a difference? I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know.

Katie said...

homer is going to be so mad when he sees that you spread out his balls.
Tell Anthony, I am proud and jealous. Don't tell him the "I am jealous" part, only the proud.

BTW-it was the pretties, but I have moved to 76th in line for the hunger games, so if you sent it sooner, that would be a good time, and 171st in line for Breaking Dawn.
I guess that means the Pretties is pretty lame in comparison.
I will email my address right now.

Emily said...

I love it! They are silver and shiny, you know.

Way to go Anthony on the race!

quesetescapa said...

I am not a runner so I can't properly appreciate what he did but winning a poker chip does sound kinda cool.

Also the music+pics very festive here.

Memzy said...

This site is almost as good as Micheal's on the christmas spirit spectrum. Can I steal your idea about the soda cans? Cuz i like to copy everything you do.

Jenny ESP said...

Landee--quit being a judgy judgerson. There was no church that day. It was stake conference.

Amy--It was 13.1 miles. And I wonder if people actually set goals to run HALF-marathons? Like put that on their list of things to do before they die? Lamerz.

Katie--I didn't separate his balls, I just left it like that. And you have to be crazy if you think I'm sending you MY copy of The Hunger Games. I wouldn't lend it to you, let alone let you have it. I'll buy you your own book to keep forever and ever.

Em--I'll pass that congrats along to tony...

Q--I know, right?

Markie23 said...

I give you an 8 on the white trash scale of Christmas decorating. Beer cans would have earned you a 10.

Jenny ESP said...

Memzy--please do. And I guess that song is Christmasy, with all those tinkering bell things in the background.

Jenny ESP said...

Markie--I'll have you know that I'm rich.

Crysty said...

Hi Jenny! I just found your Christmas card from last year in my Christmas stuff, where I put it safely so that I could come and look up your blog....a year later, here I am! Your boys are so cute! And your blog is so funny. Love the Diet Coke cans on the tree! Next time you guys are in Boise, lets get together!

Krissy and Jason said...

Nothing dark and dreary here!

and Sara...if you are listening, can you please do some more Twilight reenactments. It was almost like i was back there again, in my theatre seat, drooling over edward!

Mary said...

Congrats to Anthony! Tom's first Christmas tree was MADE of beer cans. It wasn't actually in our motel room, but the one next door to us. We were starving and living in a motel at the time. Becky told Santa that all she wanted for Christmas was a Christmas tree and jammies without holes in them....didn't get either.

eekareek said...

Mom, that is very sad.

Kissy, I am listening (said like Dr. Fraiser Crane)

Jenny, I like the cluster of balls. It reminds me of babies breath. And the cokes cans are artistic. One year I wanted a white tree so we hung tampons on the blinds beause we couldn't afford a tree or decorations. Best Christmas ever.

Tony, 13.1 miles??!!!! Dude, I am impressed.

Memzy, the only thing that could make this site better is some puff paint.

To everyone else who left a comment and I didn't comment on your comment, sorry.

Jana said...

I checked out his stats. They were ok. I could run a half mile faster than that.