Friday, December 26, 2008

Spoiled Rotten




First, a list of the things I love most...

That my fragile baby Jesus ornament made of construction paper and Popsicle sticks is still safe and sound after 7 years...


Those chocolate dipped oatmeal cookies with homemade filling...



These gize (plus the one who went to bed early)...



The most awesomest, stretchiest stockings in the world...



The perfect set-up...



This gi...



Ginormous magic pills that get rid of sinus infections/strep throat by Christmas morning...



The anticipation...



The posing...



The non-sugarless gum...



Yeah, that's just some of the stuff I love about Christmas.

So, this year, I was spoiled rotten with the gifts. It's crazy, but I somehow ended up with FIVE out of the six of things on my list of "random things I want for Christmas but won't get due to the sluggish economy." If you remember, my list included the Lightwedge, an iPhone, two weeks in China, 5 Snugglies, a lamp, and a Kindle. And you will never guess which things I got...

First, I found a replacement for the 5 snugglies...


Five fleece throws from Old Navy for only $3 each, you gize. I'm gonna have Amy sew some arms on them.

Second, Cord bought me this with his own money:


So sweet. I SO luv my new lamp, you gize.

Third, the Nish family had us for Christmas this year, and they must have been reading my blog cuz they got us half way to China...

It's a box filled with treats, a travel book, map, a gas card, and a hotel gift card. So thoughtful, and way above and beyond. Thanks Becky!

Fourth, Tony got me the Lightwedge...


I used it last night, and it was amazing. I highly recommend it if you are a bed-reader.

Now, what's left on my list? An iPhone, and a Kindle. Both are way cool, and both are way out of our Christmas budget so I shouldn't have gotten either of them until about 2010, but I live with Mr. Gift-of-the-Magi. (Tony is notorious for secretly selling pennies from his collection on eBay and surprising us with gifts. He's gotten us trips to D-land, a car (yeah, srsly), huge wads of cash, etc.) So, what did the Notorious T.O.N.Y. get me this time? To reveal the answer, click 'n drag your mouse over the blank space below and the answer will appear (This is so exciting.)

A KINDLE!!! Eeeekkkkkk!

Thanks Tony! It's super extravagant IMO, but I can't wait to use it. You're the best.

For Tony, I enlarged a few of our favorite photos from the bestest trip we ever took together and framed them...


(If you're wondering, only $10 at Sams for 24x20, you gize)


(this is the hotel we stayed at)

I also made a photo book for him on Blurb but it didn't make it in time. (You should check out Blurb if you've never used it. Super reasonable prices.) And Santa got Tony some running clothes, which he desperately needed. (He's ran 2 marathons and 2 half marathons in the same pair of old swim shorts. Yes, swim shorts.)

These were our favorite gifts...

video

...But I filmed that before we opened our last gift.

Tony and I had been planning on buying a second compy for our family for some time, as all five of us constantly fight over computer time, but we decided to save it for Christmas. So, a sell at Best Buy and a generous monetary Christmas gift from my parents helped us buy the boys one of these...

Um, OK, I can't get the video to upload right now for some reason, but it's a video of the boys opening a laptop and freaking out about internet access and their own email addresses and stuff.

Thanks mom and dad! Your gift card was well spent!

I have a couple more "thank you" shout-outs.

The Murdock's (Anthony's sister Angie) got us Guess Who (which we played a million times last night) and The Office Trivia Game (which I can't wait to blog more about). Thanks! And Grandma Cheryl sent us sweet package that we took with us to the movies and ate. Thanks! And Grandpa Greg and Grandma Judene sent the boys cold-hard cash, which we used to buy the boys the Lego sets they wanted ahead of time (I have a funny video of them opening it and freaking out but it won't upload either, sigh.). They are still busy putting the Legos together and playing with them. Thanks a bunch!



Phew, that was a long post! We had an exceptional Christmas. We hope you gize were all as gruntled as we were this year. Merry Christmas!


17 comments:

Jenny ESP said...

Forgot to mention, thanks to the Becks for joining us on Christmas eve! I wish I would have taken pictures of people and not just food. sigh. Erin and I slaved in the kitchen for like 5 hours, so we could eat it all in about 10 minutes. My feet were killin'. Hate cooking. Also, note to self, don't play trivia game with Corey. He knew the most random junk, answered almost every freaking answer, and made the rest of us look like fools.

ManicMandee said...

Everything looked picture perfect. Sounds like the whole ordeal was perfect too. Merry Christmas! Glad it went well for you gize too.

Mary said...

Thanks for the fantastic post. It made me feel like I got to spend Christmas with my sweet daughter,son in law, and precious grandsons.

Sam, Shel & Co said...

Glad you gize had a great Christmas!

Landee said...

I'm sad to say that I wish the fifth thing was an iPhone rather than a dumb Kindle. But I'm selfish like that.

Looks like you made out like a bandito anyway... Tony has a secret bank account? I'd be worried if I were you.

Cristin said...

I soooooooooooo need to be spoiled!!! You've got to update us on what you think of the kindle...I'm dying to know!

Jenny B. said...

that sounds like an awesome christmas. i wish i had some of those blankets and make my own snuggies.

eekareek said...

The food looked fantastic! I think I have some of the same dishes as you. I also liked your pictures for Anthony.

Emily said...

Score! Perfect, perfect!

Crysty said...

Love the long Christmas post!!!! Your boys are so cute naming their favorite presents! And those pictures you gave Anthony are awesome! And yeah, you totally scored, girl! WTG Anth!

Erin Beck said...

wait im confused, i didnt see what the big gift was or did I?

Erin Beck said...

Ok I figured it out. How did you do that magic trick for reals and whats a kindle?

Memzy said...

You are so spoiled. Like me. We should be spoiled twinners! Anfernee needs some extra loving for that stuff.

Krissy and Jason said...

You are spoiled rotten. I love the framed pics, beautiful! The office trivia game, so fun right? Glad you gize had such a merry Christmas!

quesetescapa said...

Wow you really got a kindle? That would just be a source of way more spendage because I would stop using the library and begging/borrowing but it is amazing!! My friend buys like four books a day because they are so much cheaper on kindle. Nice.

I can't be jealous about the iphone because I would have to be jealous on everyone else's too...

C-Man said...

I am not a spoiled kid,my mom is the one spoiling me so blame yourself mom.This laptop is freaken sweet guys.you have to get it guys

Jenny ESP said...

You spelled "guys" wrong. It's gize.