Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MInute Clinic

Have you gize ever been to a minute clinic? So handy and it only costs 10 bucks (for us, anyway). They have them in select CVSs (I wouldn't dare try the one at Wal*Mart you gize). I found one in LV that's always empty and really clean (it's in the CVS at Decatur and I215 if you live here). The best part is that you don't see a doctor, just a nurse practictioner, so they are totally cool with you calling up your pharmacist husband and asking him what drugs to prescribe. See, Nurse-in-box thought I had a sinus infection, and I thought I had strep throat, so we compromised, called Tony, and asked him for an antibotic that covered both, plus something with Codeine in it to knock me out. Cuz I'm hurtin'. Win/win.

So, being sick and all, and being that I spent the last "last-minute" day before Christmas in a Codeine-induced coma, I'm officially nixing the Christmas cards. But I might send out Happy New Years cards that have snowmen or Santa on the outside.

14 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Get better! Anthony comes in real handy doesn't he? And I hope that clinic stays empty still even after your endorsement.

Memzy said...

I officially accept your no-christmas cards. And codiene rawks. Get better.

Emily said...

Minute Clinics are the best! We did our flu shot round at one.

Sorry you're sick! I hope you get better quick!

Landee said...

Yer sick?? That would explain you totally ignoring my awesome voicemail today. I guess I forgive you.

I want a druggie hubby too. That would be nice.

quesetescapa said...

Wow nice idea. Sorry about being sick but I hope you got the day off at least.

Jenny ESP said...

L--eek, sorry, I just checked my celly voicemail. It's too late to call you back now cuz of your lame mountain time zone and your early bed time, so I'll call tomorrow, then I can also wish you merry Christmas and disturb your family time and all that.

I'm feeling really guilty about not sending Christmas cards, cuz I got 5 more cards today. I swear I got a total of 5 Christmas cards last year, counting William's Pest control. Guilt. Sick.

Krissy and Jason said...

That is no fun being sick. I am glad you got some drugs, hope you feel better soon!

Cristin said...

never heard of minute clinic, but sooo cool and even cooler that your hubby can get meds.

Hey don't feel guilty, otherwise I'll have to feel guilty for not sending Christmas cards and even though Christmas is the season for guilt, I think we should celebrate our guiltlessness of not sending Christmas cards...deal??? plus your sick, I'd use that excuse, I'm using snowed in for excusing all the things I'm not doing.

eekareek said...

I call them Doc in the Boxes. Minute clinic is funner to type out though. I like calling Anthony with all my drug questions. It is handy.

Landee said...

I went to bed at 1am... sorry it was so early!!

Mary said...

Hope you're feeling better today! It wouldn't do to feel sick on Christmas. I have friends who send out New Year's cards and even one who sent me a St. Patrick's day card. I say we move the card sending to March, it's a much more convenient month for writing letters or sending out pictures.

michelle said...

Jenny, hope you feel better!

Having a pharmacist in the family is awful handy. That is funny thought that they let Anth pick your meds.

Sam, Shel & Co said...

I"m with Mary...I'm sending out cards after the 1st.

I hope you get better. It's no fun to spend Christmas sick.

Katie said...

I would like to give a shout out for codine induced comas. Totally got me through the holidays..