Monday, December 29, 2008

Ken Doll, etc, etc...

First, I wanted to tell you gize what's up with my Ken Doll (aka my Kindle). Well, apparently, people have been going goo-goo-ga-ga for Ken Dolls like crazy, and Amazon couldn't keep up with the demand, and so they are on back order. When Tony ordered mine, he knew I wouldn't get it until... gulp... March 09. Yeah, I know. So I don't physically have it in my possession, but I keep watching the video of it on Amazon. When I do get it 4realz, I'll give you gize details about it and brag and stuff. MmmK?

I buy books by the brazillian, so I figure the Ken Doll will revolutionize my life. Won't know for sure 'til March, of course. Until then, I'll be old school like the rest of you gize. Speaking of old school, Tony and I bought a super fancy put-it-together-yer-self bookcase at Tarshay for $32 yesterday.



Probably our last bookcase you gize. Then we go digi. But in the meantime, we needed it big time. We ran out space in our closets and under our bed, and we were trippin' over stacks of these old-school-type books made of paper all over our room, so we had to break down and buy a bookcase for them. Sigh.

Over the last few days, I've been organizing and cleaning my mansion (my house grows into a humongous mansion every time I have to organize/clean it). It's all work that we needed to do for some time, like clean out our shoe closet from H, and sorting through 20 Sequoia trees worth of papers, and finding places for new toys, and donating old clothes to charity (::shining my halo::), and taking a pumice stone to our toilets. But my motivation for doing it all right now is...


Memzy.

Also Shed, Brains, Cracker, and Char Char Binks, but mostly Memzy. See, they're coming to Las Vegas and staying with us ESPs tomorrow! Eeek! So ecstatic. I've been working hard to get my house in shipshape so Memzy'll know how clean and perfect my house is on a regular daily basis. Can't Waite for those gize to get here, tho. Blog ya later.

18 comments:

Cristin said...

I can't wait till you get your kendoll!!! I too recently had to buy a new bookcase...how very old school of me.

WOOT!! I'm so excited for you to see Memzy, have fun cleaning your house.

quesetescapa said...

We are driving through Vegas today too! Coincidente!

Annie said...

Sounds like there's going to be one big Par-tay goin' on in Vegas. Good thing we had a change of plans or you might have gotten an unexpected guest. I'm covetting the bookshelf too.

Emily said...

Fun! Yeah, my sisters and I were thinking about dropping in on you this weekend too, but it wasn't in the cards I guess. Have fun perfecting your already perfect house.

Landee said...

You better take a toothbrush to all your windowsills and baseboards too. Memzy is a CLEAN FREAK. Don't be offended if she gets out the white glove and starts running her finger along your old & new bookcases. It's just what she does.

Oh yeah, and I hope you gize have.... fun (no fun). ::pouting::

PS I watched to Kindle video on Amazon and I watched Bezos on Martha Stewart and, yeah, I'm kinda wanting one now.

Mary said...

I, too, watched the Amazon video and the Martha Stewart interview and now I'm wanting one of those gadgets. I wish they'd stop inventing things for me to want. I need to stick with the needs for awhile.

Jana said...

I cleaned houses for my summer job one time. The edge of a quarter works better on toilets than a pumice stone. And I know what I'm talking about cause I worked there for 2 weeks.

PS Your son is so cute, I mean cool, with his blog.

Hot Pants said...

Lucky for me the sista's had a change of plans. I have company coming now too, otherwise I'd have spent the entire weekend bummed out. BTW Annie, I don't have the motivation enough to clean for you, sorry. You will have clean sheets though, I promise.

eekareek said...

I am super jealous. I am more jealous of this than I am of the iphone. Seriously

Jenny ESP said...

Q--I don't know if you've left, but srsly drive by my house, honk your horn, and wave. That would make my day, and it would only add about 45 minutes to your trip. Or if you want to come inside for a cup 'o noodle, that can be arranged. I have 36 of them.

A&E--But I have a huge mansion-like house that can fit many unexpected visitors (lots of twin beds, my carpet is super soft for floor-sleeping, and the cushions from our old couch in the garage make a surprisingly comfy bed).

L--are you serious?

Jana--gross, do you spend those quarters after you use them to scrape the crap off the toilet.

Jenny ESP said...

Sara--are you talking about my Ken Doll or my Memzy?

Memzy said...

Jespy you should know enough about Landee by now to know how full of BS she is. See you in a few hours!!!!

Landee said...

Yeah I'm serious!!! I totally want a Kindle now!

(and Memzy will prolly bring her own paper toilet seat covers.... again, don't be offended)

Jana said...

Of course I do...I'm not gonna throw away a perfectly good quarter.

Katie said...

I love how you put some of your books horizontal and some vertical. Very chic. About Memzy, I am going to expect post from you both, now that I am free to blog again. Maybe you could take turns or schedule it in...something. Don't leave us hanging.

Katie said...

Gees, Jenny, Memzy found time to post whilest at you house...I am waiting...reminising about all that sparkling cider and grouchy kids...

ManicMandee said...

You had your bookcase looking all classy and chic. Very nice. Hope you had a great time with the Waites. They are always a good time.

Krissy and Jason said...

remember that dark day when your compy was sick? Now it is happening to me...i never realized how much i relied on that thing until it broke down, sad huh? (not because i relied on it so much, but because it broke down) Now i am really behind in the blogging world you gize.

But i am glad you got a kindle and a visit from memzy. can't wait to hear about it...someday when my computer is fixed.