Friday, December 5, 2008

Islands Remix

I had the most nightmarish day yesterday, but all is well in the world today. I'll spill the deets tomorrow. I'm sure you gize are on the edges of your rolling computer chairs.

Meanwhile, I'll post this lil video I whipped up, as promised. I combined my Thanksgiving weekend fotos (there weren't many, sadly) with the long-awaited video of the Bailey Reunion performing at my grandma's birthday bash. In case you are unaware, the Bailey Reunion is a musical group (a band, really) consisting of Mary (my mom), my aunt Liz, Markie23, and Sam (Shel's hubby). I am their #1 fan. I hope nobody will think I'm mocking them, cuz I'm not. As Buttercup once said, "You mocked me once, never do it again." Aye, aye, Buttercup (aka Markie). If you look very closely, you can see Mark and Sam's mouths open the slightest bit, meaning, they are singing but very quietly. And you better watch all the way to the end you gize.

video

*Note: There's this one high note missing from the song, and Markie demonstrated to me that he could hit it, he just chose not to sing it. Grrrrr.


14 comments:

Memzy said...

I couldn't stop my body from grooving in those last few seconds. It almost took me right out of my rolling desk chair.

Man, your kids can siiing.

A beautiful tribute as always.

Landee said...

Remix is right.... it's like you actually put all those clips in a blender and that is what we got.

Mary & my mom should be BFFs.... they sing the same. Did your mom star in Carmen circa 1981? Loverly!

And I guess I'll have to take your word for it that Markie and Sam were singing. I feel cheated.

Mary said...

I'm going to ask a big favor of you...get rid of that video. Actually, the only voice you could really hear was Liz'. You've also got to realize, that we sang that song over 20 years ago and our voices and memories have undergone severe aging processes in that time!

Landee said...

I thought it was "You mock my pain! Never do it again!" and then My Sweet Wesley was all "Life is pain..." and stuff.

Markie23 said...

I sang, but I sang "eye lens" instead of "Islands". It was my little rebellion for having to do this.
I am now glad that you posted that clip however, because thanks to your video I now realize for the first time, that Cherie was taping that performance, and I can now go home and find and destroy that tape!
I also liked your remixed version WAY better than the orig. And next time I insist that Cord be my replacement in The Family Reunion. Better start working on his guitar skilz.

Hot Pants said...

Destiny's Mama and the Bailey Family Reunion should get together and do a duet. Mom and Liz' "old age" voices are a billion times better than my young lady voice. And Sam and Mark did a fenominal job of lip syncing.

Annie said...

I totally think we need to put together "The Family Reunion next Generation" and your boys have to be in it. Memzy is right they can siiing. And I should know cause I teach voice 4realz.

Cristin said...

Sweet remix! Now I'm super bummed that I missed the part-ay!

Katie said...

I am LOLing Marks comment.

That was a great video Jenny. Until this video I wouldn't have guessed that you could put those songs together and make it work, no I know for sure.

Memzy said...

^^So true, right?

Emily said...

Are you sure my Mom wasn't the only one singing and your mom wasn't just mouthing the words? I'm just sayin.' Cord may have just earned himself a spot on the group.

Erin Beck said...

I cant open this video, its saying its currently unavailable?? Whats the problemo Jenny

Erin Beck said...

Sweet I totally got the video to open! Markie it looks as though there may be several videos floating around out there so if he gets hold of yer copy Cherie, please contact, Jenny, Erin, Memzy, Gus, Dan, Timmy, Greg, Or Ryan for another one.

quesetescapa said...

Yet another iteration of your family awesomeness...