Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rent this...

Son of Rambow



Have you seen this movie? It's funny/cute/touching. I totally recommend. It's about two boys--both outcasts for very different reasons (one comes from a strict religious family, and the other one is a neglected trouble maker)--who become unlikely friends when they decide to enter a movie making contest together. Takes place in the 80s you gize, and the soundtrack is all Cure/Siouxsie and the Banshees/Duran Duran/etc, and the hair is all Flock of Seagulls. Plus, they have cute English accents. Worth renting for sure, gov'na! Good'ay mate!

Edit**I am so confused you gize! I just found out the time moved back an hour. I went to church this morning and no one was there and I was all "What the... was church canceled or moved or something?" so I went home and fell asleep. I woke up so confused, all the clocks had different times on them. Oh, and Anthony went into work an hour early today too, and he never called to clue me in. Rude.

7 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I was worried I would do the same, so just to be safe, I went to church an hour late.
We rented that movie a while back. I liked it, Dwight thought it was boring.

Landee said...

I'll put that on my Must Watch list. So, did you ever make it to church?

I remembered it was the end of daylight savings today but I would say I miss it about 73% of the time.

ManicMandee said...

I forgot about the time change too. But fortunately, I remembered by the time church came around. It kind of gives you a trip.
Thanks for the movie recommendation.

Jenny ESP said...

It is NOT boring you gize. Sheesh!

L--our church starts at 9am, and I figured out that the time had changed at 5pm, so, no, didn't make it.

Markie23 said...

Of course we didn't really go back in time. We're just humoring a crazy whim of old Ben Franklin. I say we just refuse to participate.

Sam, Shel & Co said...

We were so excited to get an extra hour of sleep that we stayed up at a friend's house about four hours past our bedtime. So much for our extra hour of sleep.

Mary said...

I was so excited about turning the clocks back so that it would get light earlier in the morning so that I didn't have to go to the gym in the dark. But ever since we turned back the clocks, it's been overcast and still pitch dark until after 8:00 am!