Sunday, November 30, 2008

November, I have failed you

So, I did not blog much in November, but do you want to know something ironical? I saw almost all of you gize 4realz this month... with a few exceptions. I didn't see Cristin or Mich, and I missed them terribly (but in a twist of fate, I did see both of their mothers). I don't think I saw Q in November either, but I can't be positive about that as I've never seen her 4realz, so maybe I did see her but simply didn't recognize her. I almost didn't recognize Landee the first time I saw her 4realz, running through the airport. She was tinier than I had imagined, like a faerie. I could fit her in my pocket. But she is real you gize. I saw her again this last weekend, and her hair was much longer. She wore it in a low side-ponytail, and had curled the ends. Adorable.

I've discovered that it's not weird/nerdy/creepy to meet virtual internet peps 4realz, or even invite them to take an extended vacay with you, 11 days after you meet them on the internet. The key is knowing a flesh-and-blood person who can vouch for their sanity. In the case of Landee, it was Memzy who solemnly swore that Landee was no weirdo. And in Jana's case, it was Krissy. Yes, I met internet-Jana 4realz for the first time over Thanksgiving weekend at Carl's Jr.. And I scratched our initials on the booth we shared near the children's playland after she left.

Anyway, I better go to bed. I'll spill all my travel details tomorrow...

14 comments:

eekareek said...

I LOVE your new song. When your blog first pulled up I immediately started to swing my head around in a circle. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was Muse making me do it.

quesetescapa said...

This is my favorite song currently--it was also the only song from the soundtrack I could buy separate from the album which I think I might have to break down and buy afterall.

I did notice a shortage of blogging around here but assume December will be the same.

As for meeting Tiff all I can say is "lucky."

Annie said...

I feel so fortunate to have been one of the peeps you saw 4realz. It was cool to be able to hang out with you guys at the big Bailey Bash. Remember the invites still open if you feel like making your way up to Utah. 4realz!

Jana said...

I'm glad you didn't think I was creepy. I thought you were just a little bit creepy.

Mary said...

Glad you made it home safely and am not surprised that the first thing you did was BLOG!!! But you didn't check out my first efforts at posting something after your hours of blog tutoring! I had lots of trouble, though. It didn't work for me as well as it did for you. I clicked and clicked on the pictures to try to drag them around and they didn't cooperate. Things kept disappearing. Need more lessons, so you'll have to come again SOON.....PLEASE!!!!

Krissy and Jason said...

It was so good to see you after all these years! And as an added bonus i even got to meet Katie! And i think Stella and Homer really hit it off! Maybe next time we will meet sans kids...(now you know why no one ever offers me money when i am out in public with them!)

ManicMandee said...

It was cool to see you! It was a good time. Now you need to get back to your normal blogging routine. I'm missing it. Maybe another saga similar to Jeremy Cla or something?

Memzy said...

::huge breath of relief::

So, glad you aren't blog-dederz. I almost called the blog-PI to find you. That song makes my heart pitter patter. I'm hyperventilating.

Katie said...

No music for me? Stupid computer. I know the song without even hearing it. Baseball? Am I right? Don't you EVER leave us like that again...promise me.

Erin Beck said...

wake me up when November ends. La la la la la la la la la la la la la..wake me up when november ends. (name that tune. The las are exact with the words. You cant blow this one so easy)

Erin Beck said...

Cant wait to play twilight with you all again. Tis time I call Im am sandy...wait wrong movie

Landee said...

When I hear this song, all I can think of is you, me + 4 walking slow mo, groovy hair, silk, WalMart.

Oh, and hawt baseball.

Memzy lies, btw. I can be insane. Like when I made the decision to head back to my p's house rather than play games. I've regretted it ever since.

Emily said...

Crazy that it seems November never happened. Glad you made it home safe and I'm looking forward to hearing more details about your trip.

Vegas Family said...

I ran into a few peeps this past month also.