Thursday, November 20, 2008

La La Land.

That's where I've been for the last week or so. I keep reading book after book after book after book... "why can't I quit you?" I meant to review a couple of the better ones on the Smart Remarks book club blog, but then I'd have to stop reading and that's not an option at this point.

But I will tell you something that happened today. Gus lost his loose tooth. I quick and stuck it in a Ziplock cuz it was so tiny and I didn't want to lose it. But he kept taking it out and playing with it. Over and over, I'd take it away from him and stick it back in the bag, warning him that he's gonna lose it if he doesn't leave it in the Ziplock. Well, guess what? He dropped it in the crack of the couch and lost it, and then came bawling to me. I was secretly delighted that he had proven me correct. "Told ya so! Ha! Burn!" I said. But I'm not so mean. I helped him fish it out of the crack, and that tiny tooth was not easy to find, camouflaged as it was in a couch crack filled with busted up potato chips.

10 comments:

Katie said...

I advise you to put the money under his pillow now. It sucks when you forget to do it.
And Jenny, quit your reading. We miss you...

Landee said...

How did I miss your last post??? Dang! But yeah, hey.

And the tooth faerie has a bad record around this hizzy. She forgets 83% of the time. My kids think that's just how she is--- a total ditz.

Hot Pants said...

Yeah, no one here even bothers with the whole tooth fairy thing. She's pretty much fired. So did you lick every little off white piece that you pulled out of your couch to make sure it was really a potato chip and not a tooth?

Amanda said...

I put Bella's tooth in a ziploc on the counter and then accidently threw it away. I had to grab a previous lost tooth I had on hand and slip it into a new ziploc before she noticed.

Memzy said...

I'm dying inside with you gone. Just so you know.

::super long sigh::

But these little tid-bits keep me off the sauce until you come back.

quesetescapa said...

I like how you said "burn"-- is that in style where you live now?

Also I am with you on the reading non-stop. Waiting painfully for specials to arrive at the library and reading some other garbage in between.

ManicMandee said...

You've got another Amanda who comments now and it throws me off a bit.
Wow, lots of reading. I actually think that is pretty cool. I bet your brain is getting so smart.
Just miss you in the blogging world. Glad you made an appearance. I'll see you tomorrow for realz!

Sam, Shel & Co said...

The tooth fairy is REALLY bad at our house. But, we always told Meg that it was because the tooth fairy was afraid that if she ventured into Meg's messy room, she would trip and break something.

She's funny, though. I'm certain she was on to us years ago, but she plays along. Does the same thing with Santa Claus. Took me awhile to figure out that she really knew, because she played along. Her mom appreciates it, though.

Hot Pants said...

^^ my kids read this

Krissy and Jason said...

My days are just not the same without your daily posts...can't wait to hear about all your books. How was Exodus, I have been thinking about reading it since Landee and Memzy are raving about it...is it all it's cracked up to be?
And congrats to Gus on losing his first tooth!!