Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Da dada da dA DA!!

(^^that's the instrumental opening of our national anthem in case you didn't recognize it)

I voted today. There were no lines, and the old people who directed the voting were very nice and thought I was the child of another voting couple who was about my age, so that was nice.
I am excited to watch the election outcome tonight. This election is particularly interesting to me, regardless of what happens, because I heart US politics you gize. SO interesting, for reals. I don't like arguing about it, so I usually keep my political views to myself, but I DO have strong political views and I AM right.

Proof that my political views are correct...

This is me at an Easter egg hunt on the White House lawn where the president of the United States lives:


Here I am (I'm the one with my hair braided in two loops, holding Tonya Joella--my Cabbage Patch) either at an airshow, or hoping to catch a glimpse of some political figure as they exit/enter a plane. Did both. Don't know what this picture is from, actually.


Here's my dad, Gus Morgan, being a US Secret Service Agent...


Gus, getting the top-secret presidential inside scoop...


...and passing that info along to me in exchange for pushing him on the swing.


Here are a few every-day photos from the Morgan family photo album.




Yes, candid shots of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.
And here are Gus and Mary (mom) Morgan socializing with the Reagans...


(Notice the placement of Nancy's hand).

Told you, you gize.

Anyway, I heart politics, and I heart America, flaws and all.

14 comments:

Erin Beck said...

Oh my gosh you gize you should be at the college today! So annoying! I want to jump over this counter and choke a few of my fellow citizens and even some friends. They are all on the opposite team as me (wont say which one) and they are being so rude! It doesnt even matter cuz I am the presdient of this building so really what I say goes.

Katie said...

I heart America too! I also heart that picture of Tom in those short shorts. Not only are they scandelously short, but they are pulled up extra on one side. As if to say, "Yes, that is what his entire leg looks like. The whole enchilada, right there, look at his upper thigh, you see it? I knew you would because I am pulled up so high."
BTW- I just popped in to avoid election coverage and check out what I have missed in the past few days. I was surprised to find a new post. It hadn't even shown up as recently updated yet. It makes me feel ridiculously blog crazed. Like to the point that I could meet up with strangers from the internet.

Memzy said...

"if only I was sure.....that my head on the door was a dream..."

I, for one, would love to hear your political views in real life sometime. I am politically challenged so maybe you could teach me a thing or two.

quesetescapa said...

^^^^True!! She totally made fun of animal rights on my site today.

I try to stay neutral but memz and landee push me to extremes.

ManicMandee said...

This is awesome. That photo of your dad sitting on the couch has been a fave of mine. I have always been proud of my Secret Service Agent Uncle Gus. True!

Hot Pants said...

I too, feel like a political genius. And I like to say it's because I have been inside Nancy Reagan's closet....literally.

Markie23 said...

We must have the same political opinions because I'm right too.

I have two questions:
1) Is Nancy Reagan flanking your father's tush?
2) Is Tom wearing a diaper?

Landee said...

Were those taken before or after Ronnie had lost control of his bladder?

And Q, don't blame us for your whack political views. That is all your parents' faults (RIP).

MorganStrasser said...

I think that the "Da dada da dA DA!!" is also the the opening to he "Called to Serve" song!

Amanda said...

So jealous of your pics. I remember seeing them at your house. Was jealous of them then too.

I heart Obama.

Sam, Shel & Co said...

Nope, morgan. You need another "da".

eekareek said...

I love the picture of Nancy making a move on dad. And right in front of mom too!! She has got guts!

Annie said...

Man I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog. Was that "Destiny Mamas" ? Not sure but I heard a rumor they will be performing for a certian somebodies B-Day Bash????

Also I think I owe my Minor in Poli Sci mostly to your Dad. After that private tour of the White House when I was like 10 I was totally hooked on Politics. Thanks Uncle Gus...YOU ROCK!

Krissy and Jason said...

And it could also be the beginning of the graduation song as well.