Saturday, August 16, 2008

Do You Have Boys? Do You Have This Book?



My boys are so into this book. It has all kinds of dangerous information in it--from how to make the best paper airplane ever, and how to make paper water bombs...



and how to skip stones...



to the greatest battle strategies in history...



and jolly rogers from the golden age of piracy...



How could they NOT be into this?

And moms, there's even a section on... gulp... girls! I NEED my sons to know this kind of stuff:

"...as a general rule, girls do not get quite as excited by the use of urine as a secret ink as boys do."

"...It is very common for boys to try to impress girls with a string of jokes, each one more desperate than the last. One joke, perhaps, and then a long silence while she talks about herself..."

We highly recommend it.
They have a hilarious video about it here that you have to watch, and there's also a girls version called The Daring Book for Girls.

Off to build a go-cart with no brakes from scrap wood and rusty nails...


9 comments:

Cristin said...

jackson got this book for Christmas and LOVES it! I love it too, thought he girls one isn't as cool.

Eden said...

That looks great! Love recommendations.

Memzy said...

::running out to buy book immediately::

Emily said...

I've seen it before, but never really looked through it. I think my boys would have fun looking through it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Katie or Tom said...

I do not want my boys doing those sort of dangerous things. Skipping stones? My brother lost his arm doing that once, and making paper airplanes? I have a brother who has been working on making the perfect one for the last 8 years. He lost his job, family, and sanity. Yeah Jenny, thanks for the recommendation.

Jenny B. said...

ooooo
i could even be into that looks very interesting

abutler said...

I love those books!! They have a girls, moms, dads and family one too. Loads of fun.

Steve Erwin (from beyond) said...

DANGER DANGER DANGER!!

Amy Thurston said...

Looks like it may take away from my vigorous tv schedule that will be starting up after the Olympics.