Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Take Two... Then Take Three...

Our first attempt at homemade lollipops ended in a burnt, ugly, messy, hard disaster.

This is our second attempt...



I was worried about burning them...



...so I didn't bring the temp up high enough...



...and they never hardened...



Not yum.



Then came our third attempt.

We used Banana extract, which turned our mixture yellow, and blue food coloring, which turned our lollies green. And...



...Success! Finally!












Green, banana-flavored lollipops! And Memzy, check out the sweet (pun) photo opps.!



6 comments:

Memzy said...

Before I even scrolled down to see your photo opps comment I was thinking.........."sweet photo opps!". You've got yourself some compositional skillz me-lady.

ps. if you keep up on the fun-activites-for-my-kids-kind-of-mom thing I might need to put you on timeout.

abutler said...

There's this really cool invention called a Candy Thermometer. Maybe you could get one of those and your loli making would go easier???

Cristin said...

I can't believe you kept trying...your awesome. they look delicious is a sucker sort of way.

ajesplin said...

I did have a thermometer. Yeah, I'm THAT bad at cooking.

Krissy and Jason said...

This reminded me of when i was little and my mom used to make suckers and me and my brother would go around the neighborhood and sell them for 25 cents! The thought makes me chuckle. And BTW i totally remember the "pickle tickle incident...way too funny!

Erin Beck said...

You should check out my cookie brownies i made with the kids...DELICIOUS...Well I didnt get to actually try them cuz they hardened to the cookie sheet but they smelled delicious...