Sunday, May 11, 2008

We're Pretty-Much Rich...

See the picture below?



Do you know what that is? Here, I'll post another picture.



Now do you know? That's right, it's a mini-fridge, in my office, stocked with Diet Cokes, Slim-Fast, and energy drinks. Last I checked, only rich people have mini-fridges upstairs. You do the math.

It's my mother's day present from Anthony. He's been wanting one for, like, EVER. He is SO excited about it. He told me he almost got me a mini-microwave too, but he didn't want to spend that much, so he'll save that one for the next holiday. I was like, "Cool. Then we can get a mini-oven, and a min-stove, and a mini-table, and we'll have an entire mini-kitchen in our office." He said, "Sweet." And I was like, "I'm never eating in the kitchen again. I'm taking all my meals in my office-kitchen." And he said, "Yeah. It's cozy in here."

As you can tell, I wasn't crazy about the idea of having a fridge in our office. It just seemed tacky. But I have to say, Anthony had this one right. This fridge is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I know now that walking all the way downstairs has prevented me from drinking as many Diet Cokes as I'd like to drink. When I think about all the Diet Cokes I might have had if only I had had a mini-fridge in my office sooner, it makes me sick.

Look at the sweet empty-coke-can pyramid I started yesterday.



Thanks, Anthony! You know me better than I know myself.


8 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! That is something that I NEVER would have thought to get!! But, my fridge is only maybe 13 steps from my office! Way to go Anthony!!

Amy Thurston said...

Woo-hooo! I am rich too! Only my fridge upstairs doesn't have any thing in it other than an empty can of root beer. Plus, it is upstairs, and my office and my bedroom are both downstairs.

Cristin said...

WOW your the luckiest woman in the WHOLE world! I TOTALLY wish I was as rich as you guys and had a fridge in my office...oh wait...that was LM, HE always wanted a fridge in his office....and a urinal.....

Amanda said...

That is hilarious!

Katie or Tom said...

You must have the yellowest pee in the whole world. Did you drink all those energy drinks yourself? I do think you are going to have a problem when you run out of drinks upstairs. You are going to have to bring a whole case upstairs and then take the trash downstairs. I think since Anthony got you the fridge as a gift, stocking and garbage removal should be included.

Memzy said...

I'm down with this. But before a microwave I think I'll save up for a commercial grade ice maker. You know the kind with the soft, rabbit poop ice in it. And then after that I'll install an acual fountain right next to it. I'm rambling..........I'll go get a diet coke and bbl.

abutler said...

That was so awesome...now I think I want one. Besides the fact that I LOVE D.C. more than life it self.

Erin Beck said...

For my mothers day my kids said I could treat them to my favorite resturaunt. How sweet are they?? So I picked taco smell