Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"They call me Shocky."

I thought Homer would have learned his lesson by now.

In fact, the first time Homer stuck a key into an outlet and electrocuted himself, I was sure he would never do it again. But then he did it again. I thought, OK he didn’t get it the first time, but now, for sure, he’ll never do that again. Well, he did it a third time. After that, I was POSITIVE he’d never stick another key into an outlet. Then yesterday, I heard his distinct “I’m in pain” cry. I ran upstairs and found him sitting by an outlet, cradling his injured hand, a key jammed into one of the holes.

Why in the world would he continue to stick keys in the outlets after being electrocuted four times? But then I realized I should be asking: why in the world would I leave all my outlets uncovered after my two-year-old electrocuted himself four times? Haven’t I learned MY lesson? So, I dug around in my junk drawer and found most of my plastic outlet covers, and then I crawled around the house, covering all the outlets. A few outlets into it, Homer came to me with a handful of plastic outlet covers that he had easily pried off. Now what?

In the mean time, Homer’s new nickname has become "Shocky," like the little rat from the movie "Flushed Away" who likes to play with electricity (see video below).

video

11 comments:

sarastrasser said...

Just let him keep electricuting himself and eventually he will be able to "see" the future.

Markie23 said...

IT'S ELECTRIC!

Katie or Tom said...

I sometimes give myself a little jolt when i am feeling low. It is a great way to lift your spirits. Maybe it is a bit like being a bee keeper. If he gets shocked enough he wont feel it anymore. Then he could be like the guy who gets shocked and everyone thinks is dead (you know for the FBI or something) and boo-ya, the bad guys won't know what hit 'em

Cristin said...

don't know what to tell ya. (shrug) I think Sara is right, it would be really cool to have someone in the family to be able to see the future.

Vegas Family said...

Ouch! Poor Homer. He must be one tough cookie. Maybe he can work for the goverment and teach classes on how to deal with torture.

Emily said...

I wonder if he gets a rush out of the experience of being electricuted? There must be a reason he keeps doing it.

Erin Beck said...

maybe you just have crappy outlets

Memzy said...

Sooo, what you are saying is that this is not normal, acceptable toddler behavior?

Be right back....

Mary said...

I think Becky should have a talk with Homer, because she tried it once and never did it again. I'm not sure what my secret was to keeping her out of the outlets, but maybe she does!

Katie or Tom said...

Jenny, I hope the lack of updates means you have a fantastic one in the works, right?

Michelle said...

Takes after his daddy...:)