Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've become a recluse...

I wasn't always like this. I've actually only become a recluse in the last few years. I woke up one day and realized that a good day for me is one where I’ve managed to NOT leave my house. I've gotten better and better at not going anywhere. Last year, I only put about 5,000 miles on my car. Generally speaking, I’m not a social person, but I can do a fine job of faking it if I have to. I just LIKE to stay home, and I realized how often I leave my house only to please other people. But my New Years resolution was to stop trying to please everyone, because it's impossible and it leads to resentment since rarely does someone return the favor. As a result, I’ve barely left my house this year. January was a fairly successful month, as far as staying home goes. I am painfully aware of every time I was forced to go somewhere I didn't want to, because each time, it caused me pain. Can I keep going on like this? Or will I eventually turn into him:

6 comments:

Erin Beck said...

Holy crap! Am I the first to cmment and the worst is that I am at the computer lab doing school work cuz all my home computers crashed and I dont want to be here. I want to be reclusive like you at home in the comforts of my own environment. My point being..? no.. theres nothig wrong, in fact, I am jealous! It just goes to show that you love your home, life, and being where you are at. I would to if I were you. You have a beautiful home, kids and husband, not that I want that.. I mean that kiss meant nothing..promise!

Cristin said...

I'm a recluse and not afraid to admit it. I just might be Hobbit. I am short, round, enjoy food and if I wasn't lds, I'm sure I'd enjoy a good brew too.

Katie or Tom said...

I invented not going out and the humpback. Your welcome. You could have just posted a picture of me. (TIK)

Memzy said...

home is RAD

regarding your comment: did you do the "put new floors in" thing?

sarastrasser said...

I can't believe you only out 5000 miles on your car. That is what I do in two months. I can't stand being at home. If I have no where to go, I will load up the kids and take a drive. I am not a recluse.

abutler said...

I am a little of a recluse myself. I guess that explains the fact that i have no friends and no one ever invites me to go anywhere...wait, do I really want to be this way?