Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

We hope you all had a great Christmas! We sure did. Cord and Gus got Transformers and Star Wars Lego sets, and Homer got a green light saber and a V-tech digital camera. Cord had asked for a cell phone, so he could text his cousins, and after much debate, we went ahead a got him one--for some reason, buying him a cell phone me feel sad.
We got some thoughtful gifts from the Morgan family (Tom) and Anthony's sister (both had "drawn" our name this year), and from my mom & dad. Thank you! Anthony way out-did me this year. Over the last few months, he had been visiting pawn shops, buying coins, and reselling them on Ebay, until he eventually made a profit of $1,000, and he surprised me with it on Christmas morning. We're going to put it toward a family vacation next year. (This really over shadowed the $60.00 I had saved up to surprise Anthony with.)

Here's our Christmas 2007 video:

video

I took this video below of Cord's first phone call on his new cell phone. This is exactly what I do when I'm on the phone. Watch for the sweet move he does at the end--the one-handed cell phone close.

video

14 comments:

Amy Thurston said...

It looked like you guys had a great Christmas. Cord is definitely too cool for school!

Mary said...

Loved the Christmas video..thanks for the shot of them with their gifts from grandma and grandpa! Congrats to Cord on the cell phone, but I have to say I was disappointed not to get a call; thought for sure I'd be the first one to hear his voice coming through that amazing gadget!

Erin Beck said...

Beware of the constant one worded texts you will recieve during the fist month of hin owning a new cell phone. Maddie went crazy with them. I finally had to just turn mine off!

sarastrasser said...

Was Cord just calling people to come meet him at the place? Looked like a fun Christmas. I really liked your 1000 bucks and Tony's 60 bucks. Wini doesn't like Christmas and she "DON"T LIKE SANTA!" so she wouldn't open anything.

sarastrasser said...

Merry Christmas (BTW)

Katie or Tom said...

I loved the Christmas video. I don't know how you kept your house cleanish. I thought you said something about a tornado. Looked like a summer breeze. I will show you a tornado. Merry Christmas!

straw...Sir? said...

If you turn Anthony loose with that $1060 at a poker tournament you could have one heck of a vactation. (BBH) right Tony?

Katie or Tom said...

This is to Gus.
Gus,I loved your christmas party alot. Thank you for the present. i loved it alot. Violet and I played a really fun game with the car. Luckily I had a spare Polly Pocket for Violet to use. We have been playing for a long time. Bye bye Gus.

Katie or Tom said...

Hazel really wanted to write something to Gus. She thinks she is soooo cool. "Had a good time at the party." Right, do you think I should be worried about parties she is having in her head? Is there medication for that?

Erin Beck said...

yes Jenny I was beeping in. Thanks for not answering. I just wanted you to see my new film I develop of the pictures Juan took of me the next morning when he stayed the night.

Indian Larry said...

That one-handed phone close was incredible! He's a natural.

Vegas Family said...

Cord's phone video is cute. My kids enjoyed their call from Cord.
Did you find a fun vacation to go on with Anthony's gift?

Emily said...

Loved your Christmas video and Cord is a little too natural with that cell phone! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Markie23 said...

I have seen that same time of pacing behavior that Cord is exhibiting from animals trapped in small cages at the zoo. Do you ever let the boy outside?