Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm pretty much famous now...

I posted my electric fireplace video on Youtube--to share with my fans (Uncle Mark). After it uploaded, I went back and did a search for it, and I couldn't find it, so I didn't think anybody else (Uncle Mark) would be able to find it either. However, I finally tracked it down (must take a while to show up). Imagine my surprise when I discovered it had already received 233 views.


Add Video to QuickList
Electric Fireplace
02:11 Electric fireplaces are the wave of the future.
Tags:
electric fireplace slide groovy pink jeans jenny esplin video blog

Views:
233
Comments: 0
Rating: 1 rating
Added: December 12, 2007, 04:25 PM
Broadcast: Public | Live!

Either my fans (Uncle Mark) found it and watched it 233 times, or some poor unsuspecting Youtubers, perhaps in the market for a new electric fireplace, were subjected to my groovy video, and were like, "What the..." As you can see, one person even took the time to give it a rating--4 out of 5 stars. I'm pleased with that score, but I can't help but wonder why I was docked a star. I guess I should be glad that whoever it was gave my video serious consideration, and did not just carelessly apply a five star rating--there is room for improvement.

After that pleasant surprise, I checked how my other Youtube videos were doing. I had uploaded the "sick day" and "define groovy" videos weeks ago as a test run when I was trying to figure out how to post a FHVD clip that was too long. Anyways, you might be surprised where my groovy coat video ended up on the internet (click the link and scroll down a ways, right passed that clip of Laura and Almanzo poised to kiss). I had a good laugh over that.

Also, I wanted to bring this to your attention. (be sure to mute the obnoxious music on the side)

12 comments:

TimW8 said...

I LUV yer stuff.
There are 3 main reasons why I don't post more cool videos and photos.

1.No cool Video Camera
2.No cool Digital Camera
3.No cool computer

Like Taylor (Kid Nation) says, "Deal with it!"

Fo' Shizzle,
Tim

Amy Thurston said...

I was the one who left a rating. The only reason it is 4 out of 5 is because i have a crappy mouse. You've used it, you know. Also , I had never left a rating before on a video, and I didn't realize all I had to do was click on a heart. I mean, how could it be so simple. And then, by the time I realized it, I was trying to hurry and give the deserved 5 out of 5, but, in the words of grandma C., my damn mouse wouldn't move further right, and you ended up with a four. So sorry.

Piggy said...

How do you see the ratng and stuff because I couldn't figure it out.

Vegas Family said...

You have had a couple hundred more viewers. Your gaining populartiy.
Tim, I love princess Taylor.
Although, I wish she would help carry water.
What a beauty queen.

abutler said...

Ok, so if I run into you somewhere you are going to be like another star sighting, is that what I'm getting out of this?

Markie23 said...

Thanks Jenny, I now have your video on my PC. Now I have to find that song. I have been going around singing "It's Electric!". I can't get it out of my head. HELP!
My favorite part is when you are fondly looking at your Christmas card from your pest control man. Actually I'm jealous. I haven't received a single card yet. Usually my insurance agent comes through, but nothing yet :o(

Amanda said...

Jenny as you are getting more and more famous, are you still gonna remember the little people like me?

Emily said...

I hope you get reeealy famous, because then I can say, oh yeah, well that's MY cousin and then maybe, just maybe I can be put into your will.

Erin Beck said...

I have a fire place but its gas. Is there a song that says "its gas"?

Katie said...

I spent all night dreaming of you on ABC's most amazing videos. I went to find you on Youtube. You were very easy to find. Right there at #2. Not bad. I gave you 5 out of 5. You totally deserve it. You should have got a million out of 5, but rules are rules. No exception.

Katie said...

Who ever has Tim for Christmas. I think he put his list on comment slot one. Fo' shizzle

Hayleyyy said...

I gave you 5 *'s. You deserve every one of them!