Monday, December 3, 2007

Family Home Video Day: Grandma Cordil's House, Part 3: She Bangs

Grandma Cordil's House, Part 3: She Bangs

video


OK, here's one last clip from Grandma Cordil's House, then I'll find something new (but I do have a couple more clips left from that same day, so WATCH OUT!) I picked this one especially for Anna and Tim, since they were at Grandma's house too, and have yet to make an appearance on FHVD. Plus, Anna was dying for everyone to see her bangs.

Director's comments: My original intention was to go with a Ricky Martin "She Bangs" ending, with shots of everyone's bangs, but that involved me downloading "She Bangs" on iTunes, burning it onto a CD, saving it back onto my computer, and uploading it into Nero, and I was too lazy for all that (I would do all that to add a "breaking glass" sound effect to a video, though). So, I decided to "Go Green" with this ending, and the shy, deer-like creature "she bang" was created. Erin's bangs were the star of the show only because dad was so fascinated by them that he decided to film a close-up. I found the view of Erin's bangs from behind to be intriguing, however, I actually preferred the uniqueness of Anna's curly bangs, cascading down one side.

10 comments:

Erin Beck said...

hey those bangs would take me hours every morning to perfect. It was a skilled technique. Thats why I only had time to crimp the sides of my hair and not the back. Looks like mom needed to buy me a bra to wear as well

sarastrasser said...

I loved it. I wish those bangs would come back in style. I remember Amanda always wanted bangs but Liz very smartly wouldn't allow it, so she would just curl a really long piece of hair forward so she could have bangs.

Emily said...

Yeah, I always envied Erin's bangs. I never could replicate them myself. Yet another priceless video. Thanks Jenny!

Amanda said...

I remember wanting bangs pretty bad too. Fortunately there is no footage of my homemade variety. If there is, you better destroy it. I loved hearing Tim and Sherod's voices before they changed. Pretty good stuff. Thanks!

Amy Thurston said...

I love Tim's cool purple collar flipped in the up position. I remember being continually made fun of by Erin and Becky about my lack of bang ability. Instead of helping a sister out, they just sat there making fun of my while they crimped each others hair. I think I am mad at them again now.

Number Juan said...

Yo, for what it's worth I think that from my angle it appeared as if Amy did indeed rip the card on purpose!

abutler said...

Once again you win the FHVD award for most humiliating video. Way to go. Keepem' comin'. How did you get those videos on DVD?

Number Juan said...

http://www.juanofnampa.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

I never could get that DVD to play on my machine, so thanks for putting it on your blog. You win the prize for the best videos, but that might be because the rest of us can't figure out how to do it!

Tom said...

I laughed, I cried. I can't believe you found that amazing footage. So soft, yet so firm. It truly is one of natures wonders.