Monday, November 5, 2007

Stinky Box...

So I just found something funny at the bottom of my stinky box (see previous post): a big brown envelope of letters from the summer I spent in Las Vegas babysitting Hayley (summer before my Junior year of high school). I dumped it out (it was full of letters from friends and family that had written to me) and a whole bunch of teeny tiny screws fell out. I was trying to figure out what all these little screws were for, then I read a letter from my dad that was wrapped around the group of letters. It said: "...I'm sending you some small screws so you can fix your glasses..." Now I remember what I nerd I was. The tiny screw that held one lens in place had worked its way out of my glasses and I had been holding the lens in place with a piece of tape. I always had the cheapest piece of crap glasses!


(actual screws--the penny is just for reference)

One time, a guy took me up to Bogus Basin on a date to teach me how to snowboard. Of course I fell on my face a million times. I had these bulky wet gloves on, and I kept trying to wipe the snow and moister off my glasses with them, but no matter how much I wiped, I still couldn't see. When we got back in has car, I took off my glasses to wipe them off on my dry shirt. That's when I noticed that I only had one lens! I guess the other had been knocked out during a nasty fall. The guy I was with knew I had knocked out a lens, and had been too embarrassed to tell me--weirdo. I laughed all the way down the mountain.

Wouldn't it have been funny if I had realized my lens had fallen out, and had crawled around in the snow looking for it? Other skiers and snowboarders would stop on their way down the mountain and ask what I was looking for, and I would say "I lost my lens," and they would crawl around, helping me look for it, like a gigantic contact lens. We would never find it though, and then it would be awkward.




6 comments:

Amanda said...

So great to discover your blog. I love it! You need to do more. I'll be checking!!!

Amanda said...

Just in case: amandastevebishop.blogpsot.com

abutler said...

Love the picture, I remember that Jenny very well. Hope you don't mind, I'll be checking back often.

Amy Thurston said...

I love those stinky boxes dad was kind enough to save for us

Katie said...

Jenny, this is so cute. i wish my blog had as much pazaz (I didn't realize I didn't know how to spell pazaz until I tried. Good to know) as your blog. I love it!!

Markie23 said...

Yes, that was a great story, and I love the pic! As long as I'm commenting on a very old post that no one will ever check now, I will secretly admit to you that I do still love AZ. At least for a visit... during the winter. I would never ever want to live there again though. Next time you guys decide to get away on a whim, come to UT. We'll be sure and have extra clothes and swimsuits on hand.