Friday, November 9, 2007

Family Home Video Day

After converting old analog home video into digital video for my parents’ anniversary, I have a plethora of old home video stored on my computer. I want to post video clips on my blog, but it takes forever to upload them (sometimes as long as 10 minutes). So, to solve this problem, I have decided to start Family Home Video Day. Every MONDAY I will post a home video clip from my extensive collection onto my blog, and I want to encourage all my blogging pal(s) to do the same. (I know you are about to comment that you don’t know how to post a video, but you have the whole weekend to figure it out.) Be warned: YOU may appear in one of my clips (I’m not asking permission, here). YOU may have groovy hair, or gigantic bangs, or be carrying some extra “baby weight,” or have pegged pants, or a squeaky pre-pubescent voice, or other side-effects of puberty, including but not limited to acne, but you’re gonna have to accept those things about yourself. Those of you who may be thinking, “she can’t possibly have video of me,” I will just say that I know people who know people.

I promise you the videos will be entertaining/funny/embarrassing. Everyone who sees them will laugh at/with you/me/us. I will also post Pop-up Video Fun Facts below the video. If you have any Pop-up Video Fun Facts to add about the video, you are welcome to post them in the comments.

Now you all have a reason to look forward to/dread Mondays!

7 comments:

Katie said...

yea, finally someone to cut out all the crap, and just show us the good stuff!

Amy Thurston said...

I like the family room in it's pre-duck phase.

Amanda said...

I cannot wait!!!!!!

sarastrasser said...

I am in. But I don't have any videos. I will view everyone else's and criticize.

abutler said...

Thank you for giving me a reason to wake up on Mondays.

Shed said...

I hope to see anything with Alvin and the Chipmunks, baby carrot sales, and upside down painted faces.

Emily said...

What a great idea!! I will anxiously await your posts each monday. Your blog is VERY entertaining!!